News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

hmm, might need to refill the ole fly box....

Started by Woolly Bugger, October 30, 2011, 21:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

have to fish when you can despite the clear blue skies and a warm October afternoon.
My fly box is getting pretty empty and the pickings are slim, but I manage to dig  around
and come up with combos that enticed the trout to take.

BOWs popped off in the afternoon and I managed to take a few on the surface but the most
effective pattern was an orange and partridge soft hackle.

some how I managed to sleep in and didn't get up till after 7:30, after taking care of morning
chores I was on the road by eight, and the water shortly before eleven. I managed to get a
nice long section to myself. I worked the upper portion working my way down to a favorite spot.
Half way down I notice two dude had low holed me. I puttered around and fished some of the
marginal water, managing to pick off a couple of decent fish. They finally gave up, I didn't see
them catch any. I worked my way into the run and caught some good colored rainbows and
a few browns. For once I landed more than I lost but there were a few of those powerful
fish that just wouldn't come to the net.

Here's a sampling of the day...

The only good thing about the shorter days is that I get home earlier...  -0-

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Transylwader

Nice Keith. I think I went through about two dozen flies the last time I went after Leroy Brown. Need a knot tying coach b';

OldDominionAngler

those cheeks belong on a Derek DeYoung painting.   'c;

The Dude

Gotdang!  It's been a while since I battled trout with some weight to them like the ones you caught today.  Perhaps it is time.............
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

benben reincarnated

Nice work.

It is always a nice ego boost to hit a good hole after some folks and have some luck where they didn't.

kylemc

nice keith. the Musky didn't want to play yesterday ....bastards

AL trout bum

Nice fish and pics! Seems like you always get into the nice-sized fish!  0:0  Just once I want to catch some like that.....just once
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

troutphisher

Suffer'in suckatash..............

I'll be back Friday, through next week. The holy one and I are fishing the Smokey's.

Can you foosh Freitag? herr verschwommen.............
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Holmes

Been rippin' and tearin' them up, way to go woolly! And having the refill the flybox? Not a bad problem to have... 'c;

Rod Champion

Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
Located ON the S. Holston River
423-878-2822