News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

How do you measure success?

Started by AL trout bum, October 24, 2011, 20:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

"2) My drift was sucky. "

Maybe. 12 foot 6X leaders and reach or curve casts to put slack in the drift are necessary on the SoHo.

Your trip was a success. Gotta watch for the water coming up. That's a given.  :)

overbrook

The flies on the Holsten were sulphers.....Like Phil mentioned....long ass leaders and absolute drag free drifts....and you'll start catching fish. When you're casting your line out...as it begins to lay flat....give it a twitch to cause your learder to pile up on the water....this will give you a couple of seconds of drag free drift....which if you have the right fly is about as long as it will take for a fish to grab it.

the nymph pics are brown stonefly....

Edit.....Wooly might be right on the BWO.....I was thinking March brown because of the clinger body.....are there fat broad BWO nymphs that are clingers??   (it does look too small for a march brown)

AL trout bum

I think I forgot one....is this a sulphur as well?
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

kylemc

This is 15 minutes from my house, although I live in TN.

AL trout bum

Man you are lucky! Props on the ID too, it looks like a million similar streams that I've seen. I wouldn't be able to pick it out, but then again I don't live 30m away!  ;)
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

Holmes

Looks like a rough go of it, but you learn something new everytime. Good chit, man.