News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

on the way out of town

Started by benben, October 21, 2011, 18:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

I decided to make a detour for about an hour and fish a little as I headed out of town to visit my in family in Georgia this weekend.  Temperature when I left the house was 41, different story when I got close to the stream.  Had to break out the waders for the first time this fall as well as a dropper.  First cast I got a nice bow on the pink weenie.  I was pretty sloppy the rest of the hour, only landing 1 for about every 6 I missed, chalk it up to fishing dries for the past 5 months.  Nice though to be catching fish very early on such a chilly mid-fall morning.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

picture worthy for this water

parting shot

I stopped at the Orvis store in Buckhead.  I had never been there before, but it was a nice store, they even had shotguns for sale in there.  Ended up being a bad idea though because I got right in the middle of mid-town with 5:00 traffic on a Friday.   b';

Opening day for gun season in Georgia starts tomorrow...got caught behind a lot of hunters with 4-wheelers in tow.

Brought my 5-weight, and will try my luck in my parent's pond tomorrow for good measure...

Then back to WNC for some trout fishing late Sunday and all day Monday.  -0-

FoulHook

Holler at me monday, and possibly sunday but i doubt it. I might be able to join you after I get off work monday.

You still using that furled leader I gave you or have you made your jig yet?
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: FoulHook on October 21, 2011, 19:19:09 PM
Holler at me monday, and possibly sunday but i doubt it. I might be able to join you after I get off work monday.

You still using that furled leader I gave you or have you made your jig yet?

Will do. 

Still using the one you gave me.  Hadn't gone back to the twisted ones I made or tried to make my own.  Way I figure it the one you gave me is great, so until I eff' it up it'll stay on. 

Transylwader

Foulhook's furled leaders are Transylwader approved. I have landed more browns over 14" on that thing than the shitty whorevis braided butt break your heart shitters. Ben, if you wanna head up the coast after GA, let me know. I am headed to chase Albies next weekend, work can fuck off >:D

benben reincarnated

hijacking my own topic

My friend came over to my parent's house and we did a little fishing in the lake.  Caught a few bluegills, a few large mouth bass (foul hooked a nice one that came off right as I grabbed my camera), and caught my biggest catfish to date.  I fought the catfish for 5 minutes, then we decided to paddle back to the dock to get the dip net.  Almost had him and then he broke my damn line.  He put up a hell of a fight.  Here are a few pics.

back to my beer drinking roots

nice bluegill, hell of a fighter

large mouth dink

one of my friend's large mouths (yes he is wearing overalls)

rbphoto

Nice fishin' reports on both counts.

btw, your inbox is full . . .
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

benben reincarnated

Quote from: rbphoto on October 24, 2011, 09:53:13 AM
Nice fishin' reports on both counts.

btw, your inbox is full . . .

thanks.

fixed.