News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

SoHo

Started by franzenangler, October 20, 2011, 16:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franzenangler

Well I plan on breaking down and fishing the SoHo within the next couple of weeks for the first time. I'm pretty much lost in what to tie.  I have a couple boxes with what I consider tailwater flies full of small dries and emergers.  I would prefer not to have to fish this extremely smal crap and hope to tie something up the fish have never seen before and intice them with it.  This is the first one I tied up, still on the small side a #16 swimming nymph hook.  What you think? Will it fish?
Payment

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The Fly

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"Whatch'all boys doing around here?"

"I AM THE TRANSYL WADER!"

"I don't give a shit who you are boy, I asked whatcha doin'"

"That's it boy, you're in a heap of trouble."

FoulHook

Them fake titties gonna sink faster than that fly. A job well done though.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Woolly Bugger

ain't it time for bwos and black flies ??
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

franzenangler

I've got loads of bwo's, black flies, tricos, and all kinds of tiny dries.  I'm just trying to avoid having to fish small stuff. I guess Ima have to go streamers.

Peddler

franzen, I beg of you... please don't broadcast all over the internet pictures of every fish you might catch when you go there. Please. Most of the people on this board can and do catch more fish on that river than people from any other local site, bar none. These people also know the power of the internet for flooding a body of water with all sorts of people who do nothing but lurk on websites to scrounge information.
I know I'm sticking my neck out here but I got taken to the wood pile just for posting a SoHo pic with too much background.
All's I'm asking is to try to hold it in and use good judgement in where and what you post, please.
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

5xTippett

Jack, you can't see the pictures if you are not a member.  Keith told us that at Juddie's.  However, I try not to show backgrounds no matter where I fish.

Transylwader

The Soho? Haha, make sure u gots a license this time. You won't catch me dead up there in daylight hours. After all I am from Transylvania. I vont to suck your blood...

franzenangler

Peddler, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to step on any toes.  I didn't think I was hotspotting or that its any secret, and I would never post pics of all fish caught or anything to hint what stretch of water I was on.

Tranny, I will definatly be sure to get a license.  Just wanting to try some new styles of fishing out other than bluelining.

Peddler

Quote from: 5xTippett on October 20, 2011, 20:33:19 PM
Jack, you can't see the pictures if you are not a member.  Keith told us that at Juddie's.  However, I try not to show backgrounds no matter where I fish.

Ben, I just know from history that franzen seems to REALLY like to post pictures on several southern websites of many of the outings he takes and seemingly every fish he catches.
In the short 7-8 years I've been fishing the SoHo it is simply amazing how many more people and boats are on that river ever year.
Just doing my best PSA is all! Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

franzenangler

Umm this is the only southeast forum I'm on, and I definatly don't post pics of every fish caught....

Peddler

Quote from: franzenangler on October 20, 2011, 21:16:42 PM
Umm this is the only southeast forum I'm on, and I definatly don't post pics of every fish caught....

Ummm ahhh... I generally don't go there but I have to defend what little honor I have so here goes... I just hope this stays unedited.

http://www.southeastflyfishingforum.com/forum/wild-water-weekend-pic-heavy-t38217.html

franzenangler

Not trying to sound like a smartass but I've been on tbhe water over 250 days this year. Trust me I don't post every outing or fish caught, and I havnt posted on sefff for a while because shuler bannned me and there's a shit ton of hotspotting going on over there. The holston is no secret, maybe u should talk to the 50 plus guides who run that water.

Transylwader

Yawn.  p;-

Franzen, pay no attention. If you post pix of the Soho, they will be collectors items one day. After all, Dlack will get his way and Scientoligize all of Riverside Rd and the TVA. Stick to bluelining. Half of these fucks don't have it in them to stray more than a few feet from the car b'; Besides, if you posted pix on here of all your pix, then most of their old fuckered up CPU's would crash because of lack of bandwidth >:D

Get Bent

Quote from: Peddler on October 20, 2011, 21:12:05 PM
Quote from: 5xTippett on October 20, 2011, 20:33:19 PM

Ben, I just know from history that franzen seems to REALLY like to post pictures on several southern websites of many of the outings he takes and seemingly every fish he catches.
In the short 7-8 years I've been fishing the SoHo it is simply amazing how many more people and boats are on that river ever year.
Just doing my best PSA is all! Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I hardly think its all due to message boards. Yeah there has been an influx of people over the past several years, the same applies to NC DH waters. Some days it seems you have to bring your own rock. Not that the two compare, I am just using the popularity as an example. You have outfitters and guides promoting the ever living shit out of the So Ho. Whether it be via the internet, presentations at fishing clubs/TU meetings, mass emails, or one of the many fishing shows that take place all over the South. It doesn't take a brainiac to put two and two together. Its kinda like cockroaches multiplying. As for boats, well a lot of the jet boaters are local good ole boys, the drifters are usually a mix of guides and private parties. And I am willing to bet that the private boat owners leaned about the river from a float trip they took. The river isn't a secret nor is the pressure gonna slow. Most newbies get handled over there anyways.

Peddler, your a dick for that comment! Franzen is a good kid, if he wants to take a picture of every fish he caught, more power to him. I remember when I was his age and I was proud of my accomplishments and I wanted to share it with others.

Hey Franzen, if I have time next week I will show you around up there.

0:0
Konichiwa Bitches!

natureboy

Quote from: Peddler on October 20, 2011, 20:00:55 PM
franzen, I beg of you... please don't broadcast all over the internet pictures of every fish you might catch when you go there. Please. Most of the people on this board can and do catch more fish on that river than people from any other local site, bar none. These people also know the power of the internet for flooding a body of water with all sorts of people who do nothing but lurk on websites to scrounge information.
I know I'm sticking my neck out here but I got taken to the wood pile just for posting a SoHo pic with too much background.
All's I'm asking is to try to hold it in and use good judgement in where and what you post, please.

Really?  There are 600+ results on youtube for south holston and 105,000+ results from google for south holston river tennessee trout fishing.