• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!. Please login or sign up.
October 27, 2021, 06:31:28 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

Rocky Mountain Picture Show

Started by Transylwader, October 18, 2011, 08:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transylwader

October 18, 2011, 08:39:38 AM Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:53:50 AM by Transylwader

A month ago, I found out that I was selected by my company to do my case study and it just happened to be in Denver. So for the past 30 days, I have been boucing off the walls in anticipation of the magic I experienced this past weekend. The two days of "work" down in Aurora was tough and my field report will end my fishing for the remainder of the year, but what a way to cap off 2011 than to fish bluelines at double the elevation that I am used to in an Alpine environment

I wanna give a huge thanks to Lurgee and Fat Brown for accommodating a blueline crazed Saffa. I had the flippin' time of my life!
Friday started off in joyous spirits, I made it safely from Denver to Blueline Heaven.
" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="600" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy"> Followed Lurgee (who rode his bike) to the bar...
" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="600" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

Lots of drinks...
" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="600" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">
Off to take a stab at some native cutties at 6AM. I had to fish solo on Saturday. I think all the alcohol in my system made me think I was bullet proof. Just hang on, the plot thickens...
" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="600" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="600" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">
First ever western fish. I have reservations about brookies out there. They are worse than rainbows in WNC, true cockroaches  b';
" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="212" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="600" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">
At 9K ft, I found this.
" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="450" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">
at 10K ft, jackpot, just what I came for. 1st ever cuttie  ;D
" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="200" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">
Then at about 1:30PM, either the altitude or the hangover kicked in. I looked at my GPS and found I was at least 3.5 miles from the car. I came close to hurling :o
Decided I was better off heading back lower and fishing some pocketwater I passed on the way up. More roaches but some nicer colors on them...
By 3PM, I was beat. headed into town for some food and a trip to the chemist to find Pedialite. Hit the hay at 8PM.
7AM Sunday morning, FatBrown was kind enough to take me up the mountain to hit some bluelines.
" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="768" height="1024" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">
I learned a thing or two about how tomato juice can be used...
" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="768" height="1024" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">
" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="210" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">
FatBrown had to put up with my kookish tourist demeanor, sorry mate, we don't have beasts like this guy in Cackolack  :o
Headed up to another alpine blueline to take a crack at some natives. Fishing was slow, but what a treat to catch cutties on dries in mid-October.
" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="766" height="1021" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">
look carefully, they are in there...
" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="208" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">
" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="766" height="1021" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">
" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="263" height="1022" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">
As I look back on my trip, I will never forget what a special place I managed to fish and the fine blokes who helped me along the way. The bar in town is pretty unforgettable too...
" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="178" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">
I shall return   8)

OldDominionAngler

Red beer and high country cutts.  Looks like you made the most of your time out there.   'c;

benben reincarnated

Freaking gorgeous looking streams and scenery.  Awesome work popping your cherry on the cutties.   'c;  Need that on my to-do list for one day.

That altitude will get you, had a bout with that at Rainier a number of years ago.   b';

MuddlerMan

Dude, hate I couldn't get up with you.  Was that Estes Park?  Nice looking cutties and red beer is a staple out here!  Were you at The Wheel Bar?

"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right" - Grateful Dead

Big J

Nice trip!  Those cutts are nice.  'c;

I'll have to make a trip out there one of these days, I have a little while though.

tattdflythrower

You lucky s.o.b! ... Damn is all i can say  'c; ill hopefully head out  there in feb them cutties are fuckn awesome bro.

"if i live the life im given, i wont be scared to die"

Holmes

holy shit tranny thats some good stuff. glad you caught some cutties, one more species to knock off the list 'c;

Trout Maharishi

Epic suckage bd;0 How much did you have to pay that girl to pose with your ugly a$$? /"\

There's more B.S. in fly fishing than there is in a Kansas feedlot.

Lefty Kreh

blue ridge angler

You should be ashamed of yourself..

That is some suckage beyond belief you lucky fucker.. 0:0 <-;:

FoulHook

Been waiting on this report.  {S; 0:0

Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 22:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Grannyknot

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Holmes

tomato juice+beer+pedialyte in the morning- ultimate hangover cure. Tranny is learnin' new things here in the states, ha lord

Transylwader

Quote from: Petey on October 19, 2011, 13:15:14 PM

tomato juice+beer+pedialyte in the morning- ultimate hangover cure. Tranny is learnin' new things here in the states, ha lord

I dunno if this is a good or great thing. Beer drinking and bluelining, two passions that will never die with this one -0-

Holmes

Quote from: Transylwader on October 19, 2011, 13:34:05 PM

Quote from: Petey on October 19, 2011, 13:15:14 PM

I dunno if this is a good or great thing. Beer drinking and bluelining, two passions that will never die with this one -0-

Cary and I are gonna attack that nasty blueline that has the vert hike in the west slope in december, drink a case and join us ;D

natureboy

Excellent, especially those cutts! 

#CommissionsEarned