News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Two local trickles.

Started by blue ridge angler, October 16, 2011, 19:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue ridge angler

A few days back I fished a tiny feeder of the local DH river that I haven't hit since early spring..Calling this creek small is like saying that Kyle drinks an occasional beer, but fishing it is a full contact sport, and it rarely lets you go without some kind of parting gift..These are usually minor, but will have you thinking about where they came from for days as they slowly fade away..a few years back I started calling it the Punisher, And that is how it will be known from here on out..I started with a dry dropper, but first good drift in the first pool the dry got nailed, and I knew it would be a good day..The Punisher was kind for once, and gave up double digits of dry caught fish..Something almost un heard of in these parts..

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Yesterday I hit an even smaller trickle That I haven't been to in at least a year, Maybe two..
You can step across this creek in most places, and the handful of times I have fished it in the past have not been very good at all, although the fact that I have caught trout up there keeps me taking a random trip every now and then out of curiosity..This was by far my best outing on this water that I have had..the creek is so small that you could spot the fish, and pick them off one by one with dries, some pools giving up 3 nice fish..It made me wish that I hadn't waited so long to visit again..Next time will be sooner..

0:0   

Holmes

Looks like my kinda water. Good chit BRA....

benben reincarnated

I'm really liking that skinny water and nice bows.  X2 on good chit.    bd;0

The Dude

That third fish was very nice for such a small stream.  Enjoy those 'punishers' now, for there will inevitably come a time someday when you won't physically be able to make the trips into those remote streams anymore.  Awesome work.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

wvyou

Big J

Those are some healthy lookin wild bows  'c;

Transylwader

Way to go Buddy, fly that blueline flag! The Punisher? I know a couple 'lines that are Punishers, not only because of the hikes in, but because of the booby traps the place is laced with :o Always good to dish out a beatdown instead of taking the asswhoopin -0-