News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

and I'll take the bow for the slam

Started by benben, October 10, 2011, 13:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

After a conversation with Tranny last night about how I hadn't gotten a slam yet, I figured I'd make that my objective for today and make it happen.  I set the bar high, wanted to get a slam on the same stream, and using the same fly.  I had gotten plenty of brookies and bows on this stream, but never a brown, but with the spawn on I figured they might be moving on up. 

I reckoned my most difficult thing would be landing a brown so I started there, and 10 minutes into it, marked that one off the list

went back on the way out for the shot of the brown water

Figured I had the bows in the bag since I've pulled plenty from here.  Landed some non-picture worthy dinks so I said fuck it and would skip to the brookies and go back for the bows. 

Brookies, done

The new brood

While I was still near the skinny water, figured I'd go for a better bow or two, at least for skinny water

slam, done

Grannyknot

Good job man!
That Sam Adams octoberfest is pretty good stuff.  Had it for the first time yesterday.
How much walkin' did you have to do between the browns and the brookies?
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Transylwader

'c; I have never caught browns in there coz Im too busy f-ing around in Shenandoah or Wilkes in fall chasing brooks. Glad you found closure on the App slam. Bout fuckin time 'Bo! 8)

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Grannyknot on October 10, 2011, 13:53:40 PM
Good job man!
That Sam Adams octoberfest is pretty good stuff.  Had it for the first time yesterday.
How much walkin' did you have to do between the browns and the brookies?

not far once I moved my car.   ;D

Holmes

I likes the jeffersons. And some of those fish aren't half bad either ;D

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

flyfish_va

Dont just a man by the size of his boat, but by the size of his bait !