Mysterious Whorvis Stream

Started by Big J, October 08, 2011, 17:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

So I was on Fall Break the past couple days and spent the break at my gf's house in Roanoke.  When I went in to Orvis Friday, the manager was telling me some streams to hit close by.   The manager talked a little about the Roanoke River and how it was just stocked, but he saw I wasn't too interested in that  :-\  He then told me about this stream that flows across this road and how the stream is packed full of wild rainbows. So I search the name of the creek.....nothing.  I look in my DeLorme Maps......a couple creeks flow under this road, but they are all unnamed and I'll have to just look at each one in the morning.  So I wake up early this morning and come to the first creek that was a trickle and didn't even bother fishing it.  The second stream looked too silty for wild trout and looked like a warmwater creek.  The third stream however looked like a perfect brookie or rainbow stream.  Unfortunately all there was in the stream were a bunch of fall fish....   b';  I have no idea where the Orvis guy came up with this stream, but I didn't find it.  Also, wet wading this morning was almost too cold for me, about time to break out the waders for the small streams.  Instead of a bunch of useless rambling, I thought I'd mix up the Trout Stream section with some pictures of fall fish.   -0-

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The fall fish catching fly of the day.

Getting ready for some winter trout fishing.  Tied up a bunch of tungsten bead pink weenies.

valley996

They look like creek chub (aka, horny heads).   I live in Roanoke, what bridge?  Maybe I can help.  I went on the Roanoke River in Salem (south of Apperson) and that is all I caught.  It was supposedly stocked.  The section below Mill lane was filled with the usual old men with cans of corn!

jwgnc

They look like fresh water Tarpon.  Just close your eyes and dream.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

valley996

funny!  If they only weighed 5 pounds!  They do hit top water.  I guess I will give up on trout and be a chub fly fisherman!

natureboy

What streams did they try to send you to??

Big J

PM's sent to natureboy and valley 996

Holmes

tranny always called fallfish "failfish" lol.  I'd agree with that one, but hell at least you was fishin'. Hope you find that mystery creek...

Those tungsten beadhead pink weenies you got look just about right. Come on up here and give some big chunky char some lip jewlery. Big fish are really on the feed right now....