News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

fish in a bucket

Started by benben, October 03, 2011, 16:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

Today I volunteered with Peter's TU chapter to help with stocking a DH stream.  This is the second time I've done it and it is a fun experience.  Not to mention our jobs gives me a one paid volunteer day a year...so this obviously qualifies. 

Basically the dump the fish in a bucket, you carry the bucket to the stream, and pour the contents out.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Did a little "volunteer fishing" afterwards too...caught this joker on pellet fly dropped from a para adams.  The fish were already keying on a hatch with black copper johns, pheasant tails and adams drys working a little.  Otherwise, nothing worked, but I can't blame them after going through the trip this morning to the stream...they are probably still waiting for their daily pellet ration.

CyberFly

Very Cool, I've fished that DH many times, I like the bridge photo.  I have been wanting to help stock for several years now.  Maybe I'll get out next month and volunteer.

CyberFly

benben, I forgot to ask, was the lower and upper stocked or just the upper?  I'm going to try and get out before the weekend to maybe beat the crowds.  thanks Del

peter p

Peter

Z-Man

And here's the results of your efforts - My grandson caught his first (12 total) trout at the Mitchell and Stone Mtn yesterday.  He had a blast and wants grandpa to take him again.  'c;
Z-Man

In the great outdoors your soul expands to the horizon!

Transylwader

Put a fly rod in the lighties hands, he'll be taken aback by the finesse...

Holmes

You shoulda given tranny a call before the stocking. Fresh pelletheads go easy on the hangover! -0-