Ol' Mill Pond TR 10/9/11 with Overbrook and gale force winds...

Started by croaker, October 10, 2011, 20:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croaker

Was a good day fishin' despite less than favorable conditions, low water, high winds, damn near boggin' the truck down puting in and taking out.  Losing the stern anchor due to neglect (didn't check the rope before tossing the anchor out.)  And didn't throw Overbrook outta the boat when hitting stumps...

Skunk off.  Small LM Bass on a flashdancer.

Overbrook casting in the breeze...

Dern near gale force wind...

Overbrooks just under one pound Bluegill.  Get the net!

Small LM with the Epoxy minnow.

Wound up with a few Crappie, small LM Bass, a couple Bluegill and a Warmouth.
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

overbrook

Yup...Croaker is a pretty good host....did'nt throw my ass overboard....or even kick me in the shit when I got him stuck in the slick puttin in and again when takin out  :D

It was choppy to say the least....wind just would'nt let up.

Don dealin with the circumstances....

A few of the very occasional rewards....

my brim that lost about 3/4 lb on the ride home  ::)

Time to call it a day....

Had a good time despite the wind.....I appreciate ya havin me along Croaker!  We'll do it again soon!

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

croaker

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 11, 2011, 07:59:46 AM
need video of the anchor toss... you didn't go after it?

Naw, No video, audio or divin' fer the anchor.  Shoulda replaced the rope last year...
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Holmes

I was about to say, hell yeah thats a solid brim. I'd fillet it for sure, don't blame you for that one. Pass the cornmeal and grease, ha lord -0-