TR from the last few weekends

Started by AL trout bum, September 19, 2011, 20:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AL trout bum

I know my pics are "mediocre" compared to some of you guys, but I try. Since I'm new I figured I would post a TR from the past few weekends. It has both tailwater and SMNP pics, but I'm posting it under tailwaters. So, here goes.....

Started out in TN on an river feeder creek known to hold quite a few brown trout.
Saw these guys along the way. One was a small velvet buck.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Sat on a bridge and enjoyed a beverage while I watched for rising fish.

Then made my way to the water.

Caught roughly 1,234,649 of these. Not the biggest but they're feisty.

I saw a lot of hoppers on the way in, so I tied on one of these to see if I could get into some bigger fish.

Eventually, a hatch came off, looked like a small midge. Fly size would be around a 28.

There were some larger flies around, so I tied on a march brown and immediately hooked up again.

Mosquitoes started pissing me off, so I left. When I got back to my car there was some sort of demonic cat there waiting.

Luckily my girlfriend wasn't with me or I would have had to take the damn cat home. 

The next trip was a first for me. I had ever been into SMNP, or caught a brook trout. I had been wanting to go for a while and finally a buddy offered to take me and show me the ropes. We went to a SMALL stream that held plenty of hungry brook trout.

Didn't take long before I hooked into my first.

Took me a while to notice the guy in this pool. He would not eat ANYTHING I threw! 

Last one of the day.

I am now a brook trout addict. That type of fishing is awesome. It was a lot of boulder hopping, ass busting, crawling, knee scraping, rock climbing fun.

I hope you enjoyed my shitty pics and be gentle, that was my first TR.
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

tattdflythrower

nice 'c;  shoulda stuck that bow on a stick n fried him  :laugh:
"if i live the life im given, i wont be scared to die"

AL trout bum

Haha. That's what everybody has said. It actually jumped out of my hands after the pic. Oh well, maybe next time. I think I am making another run this weekend.
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

Transylwader

Good shit man, BTW, you may wanna bullshit your girlfriend and get your arse up in the mountains as much as you can over the next few weeks.
My prophecy is this:within 5 weeks WNC bluelines will be shut down completely (proper bluelines not roadside shit). Let the reign of terror begin on these assholes who are changing colors quicker than I can down a 40oz 8)

AL trout bum

Quote from: Transylwader on September 19, 2011, 21:22:06 PMLet the reign of terror begin on these assholes who are changing colors quicker than I can down a 40oz 8)

I'll def. be up there this weekend. Still finalizing exactly where, prob some TN and some NC. I plan on fishing all day Sat., camping then fishing Sunday till I HAVE to make the trek back for work Monday morning. So are the leavers already turning pretty good up there?

benben reincarnated

Quote from: AL trout bum on September 19, 2011, 21:46:15 PM
Quote from: Transylwader on September 19, 2011, 21:22:06 PMLet the reign of terror begin on these assholes who are changing colors quicker than I can down a 40oz 8)

I'll def. be up there this weekend. Still finalizing exactly where, prob some TN and some NC. I plan on fishing all day Sat., camping then fishing Sunday till I HAVE to make the trek back for work Monday morning. So are the leavers already turning pretty good up there?

Well this rain definitely won't hurt things.  Most all water has been low for a while which has been making fishing a little more tough going than expected.

Nice fish by the way.