News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Wilson creek area

Started by Flyman1881, September 08, 2011, 18:14:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flyman1881

Hey guy. Me and a few of my friends might go up to the wilson creek area sometime soon. Theres a lot of water up there, too much to fish in a day trip :( anyone have any recomendations for wild trout up there. I'm not asking for anyones gold mine stream or anything, i just wanna catch a few fish with my bros while we chill. Any info is appreciated, thanks!

Transylwader

Get this

Look up Avery County and look for purple and bluelines.
and this for roads to get you up on it...

Bluelining is a process of elimination, you sometimes find good ones, you sometimes don't, you get tired, you give up and prepare a better attack for the next time. I expect you to at least do some work before I tell you anything.
Now get your arse off your chair and git on em boy!!! 8)

Flyman1881

Okay ill try that! Some of your posts on here have inspired me to start bluelining. And thanks for the comment!  :D

benben reincarnated

To build on Mike's comments, there are some good mapping resources online you can use as well...and I think some folks have posted some good links to that kind of stuff on here in the past.

Even at it's simplest I found myself using terrain view in Google Maps quite a lot, plus it shows most FS roads that can be used for access.  It won't show some of the smaller/micro feeder streams, but you should stay off those anyway.   :D

Grannyknot

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Peddler

http://tinyurl.com/44hjlwa
Thanks for letting me use this again. It was getting kinda dusty.  /"\
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Trout Maharishi

I almost drown up there one time in a flash flood :o
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on September 09, 2011, 10:22:36 AM
I almost drown up there one time in a flash flood :o

was that the one in 1916? or the later one in '25??

jis ax'in

and which one of these fools is you?

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

wvyou

Pull out your map, find the Wilson, and look for tributaries.   Don't be afraid to hop across a ridge or two as well.

There's so much water up there, you can't help but find fish.

Flyman1881

Thanks guys! And thanks for the links!

Phil

There are no wild trout left in the Wilson Creek drainage area.  :-X

patrickm1587

Dude, you gotta start buying maps and shit and figure out these places to go on your own. I've already told you about one killer brook trout stream and you haven't even gone to it yet... It's maybe 45 minutes from Wilson Crk.
"I'm your huckleberry"

Flyman1881

Patrick, i understand this, but i live a good 1 and a half hours from any trout water and until i get my lisence i can only go about once a month. Excuse me for asking this question. i apologize to all

Big J

Quote from: Flyman1881 on September 11, 2011, 21:21:00 PM
Patrick, i understand this, but i live a good 1 and a half hours from any trout water and until i get my lisence i can only go about once a month. Excuse me for asking this question. i apologize to all

Don't worry about Patrick, he's just being a dick.  I second those maps that tranny pointed out.  Can't go wrong with those Delorme maps.  They are pretty good at marking most of the streams up in the mountains.  Remember too, Google is your friend when it comes to researching streams  8)