Main Menu

i gotta question

Started by Flyman1881, September 04, 2011, 22:17:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on September 09, 2011, 13:29:10 PM
Quote from: Big J on September 09, 2011, 13:14:53 PM
SEFFF looks like its about to erupt.  ;D

how would that differ from the normal....

There actually talking about it on the boards instead of just thinking it cause of their fear of Eugene.

Grannyknot

Quote from: Big J on September 09, 2011, 14:24:43 PM
There actually talking about it on the boards instead of just thinking it cause of their fear of Eugene.

????
Wouldn't mocking him on a completely seperate internet message board be the epitome of "fear of Eugene"?
No offense....as WB says...."jis sayin".
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

overbrook

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on September 08, 2011, 17:28:07 PM
wait, I forgot, we've got Decal/Stickers!

$5!

UV coated long lasting.. BRFFF stickers... get 'em while they last....

Wooly....how can I order a couple of stickers??

brownhunter

Quote from: SBeane on September 09, 2011, 17:09:24 PM
Quote from: Grannyknot on September 09, 2011, 14:36:07 PM

????
Wouldn't mocking him on a completely seperate internet message board be the epitome of "fear of Eugene"?

Not really since most were kicked off of that board...we don't really have the option of talking about him on his own forum. I'm pretty sure no one here has any "fear of Eugene."

Nope, no fear here, but then I'm not allowed to play over there anymore :) I stood up for Flyman for what I considered an injustice and Eugene didn't like. I then said some other stuff and he gave me the boot. Oh well, haven't missed that place one bit, love it here, and like TM, wish it would just go away  -0-
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

Flyman1881

flatlander

Quote from: Flyman1881 on September 09, 2011, 20:41:56 PM
Flyman as in me?  :D

Negative...we all know flyman and you're no TM :P

Big J

Quote from: Grannyknot on September 09, 2011, 14:36:07 PM

????

I don't post over there any more and only ever log in to SEFFF to pm people I still talk to over there.  :-*

Flyman1881

Dang, never had this many comments on one thread at SEFFF  :laugh:

Phil

You probably shouldn't get the Big Head..... :laugh:

mecnc

Quote from: overbrook on September 09, 2011, 15:59:48 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on September 08, 2011, 17:28:07 PM
wait, I forgot, we've got Decal/Stickers!

$5!

UV coated long lasting.. BRFFF stickers... get 'em while they last....

Wooly....how can I order a couple of stickers??

Yeah what he said.  ;;-

Peddler

Quote from: Flyman1881 on September 04, 2011, 22:17:36 PM
Alright so ive noticed that everyone on here hates people on SEFFF. why is that? i know some of them, like eugene think they are god and thats pretty homo. i like brfff a lot better anyways. sefff is full of pansies and gays.

There you have! Today Herr Shuler posted a completely honest, straight from the horses mouth review of all the wrongs the evil people from the low rent board did.

And now... the rest of the story? He and later a couple of goons he molded, essentially took the finest board on Southeastern fly fishing with the finest fly fishers and tyers around and did his best to mold it into his own little world. Nothing wrong with that... after all, as he so frequently let us know, it's his forum and it will be run (down) how he wants it. Any input from old-timers seemed to inimidate him. Most of us worked at one time with a manager who took suggestions as criticisms and who ALWAYS knew better (and more) than the mere peons. He strikes me as being of that sort.

The situation there was getting so trite and 'Nazi-esque' that we did indeed voice our concern and instantly earned banned status. Granted, the smart ones saw the writing on the wall and simply bailed. Many others tried reason and civil discourse. That stuff don't play in a totalitarian regime.

He has a HUGE number of registered 'users'. Could that be because he bans people yet keeps them on the rolls? Could THAT be because those people had huge post counts that look good when he's selling ad space?
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Beetle

I never had an issue with Eugene per se.   I had a big issue with tweedle dee and tweedle dum who banned me after the Al incident.  It was at that point that I called Eugene a very choice word for letting those two bozos run his board.  Never mind that those two started spamming my email.....

I am still listed as a registered user despite the fact that I have been banned there for a long time.   That's fine and I wish him the best.   Everyone needs a chance to make money and I knew the deal when I signed up.

My days of Internet forum shouting matches are over.   I'll just wait and tell you in person.   :D

This is old news and like TP said, we are beating a horse that has been dead a long time.

Let's go fishing

overbrook

I still want BRFFF stickers  -0- -0- -0-

blue ridge angler