News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Local Burg warmwater

Started by Big J, September 03, 2011, 13:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

I haven't posted up a report here in a while, so here are some pics from a couple local Lynchburg ponds I've hit up.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Nothing spectacular, but they are fish and enough to hold me over until syllabus shock is overand I get back in the routine of classes.

This is a picture of a back of a car that made my night!

And today I went down to the James river with my brother to fish a little and cook a few brats.  :P Made my first fire using a flint so that was a first for me.  Nothing big today at the James, but just wanted to get out and pester a few bass and gills with the fly rod.

The dreaded hike back to the jeep........Boy am I getting out of shape.  My freshman year in college when I still wrestled and was in shape this hike was nothing, but now that I'm in my senior year and have been out of wrestling for two years, I hate the hikes back.  :embarassed:

Holmes

Nice pics broo, least you been gettin on fish. You should come up heah, the big smallie bite has turned on, easy pickins as the biggest fish collect in da pools! Ha lord, is better than heah!

Big J

Planning on hitting the SNP in the fall much?

Holmes

Quote from: Big J on September 04, 2011, 12:32:17 PM

Sure am, I have a few creeks that are loaded with some huge brookies, got the big fish locations down to a T. You'd be more than welcome to crash on my couch if big brookies is what your after.  ;D

Big J

Quote from: Petey on September 04, 2011, 14:41:17 PM
Quote from: Big J on September 04, 2011, 12:32:17 PM

Sure am, I have a few creeks that are loaded with some huge brookies, got the big fish locations down to a T. You'd be more than welcome to crash on my couch if big brookies is what your after.  ;D

I will take you up on that offer.  September and first part of October I'm pretty busy but end of October I could go after some SNP spawning brookies!   8)

Big J

Don't have class till 3 so I decided to hit a pond before the rainy week begins.  Was able to fish from 10 to almost 1.  Rained pretty hard towards the end of my outing but the bass and panfish started slamming topwater flies so I toughed it out for another hour.

Notice the still water in this picture

And the not so still water in this picture

Transylwader

The 9th pic in the 1st post is uh, priceless! You look like some vagrant (bergie)!!! Classic shit, yeah, definitley take Petey up on his offer. That sumbitch has the SNP on the back of his hand. See you VA lads soon enough -0-