"Old School" Fishing Bags...

Started by lostnwilderness, September 01, 2011, 13:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lostnwilderness

Looking for help from some of our truly seasoned employees and some of the new posters alike.  I am looking for pictures of "Old School Fishing Satchels" aka the messenger bag/bread bag type fishing bags that preceded the old school fly fishing vest.  They were popular in the 40's and 50's I think?  I remember seeing my grandfathers when I was really little.  What I want to do is modify a new one for my dad for a Christmas present.  I know there are some companies that make a full out satchel for fly fishing nowadays too.  If you have one of those, please post name and brand so I can look them up.  There are a ton of folks who are all about the "fanny pack" style.  These appear just to be an evolution of the old bread bags.  I know I am a dork.  Please post if you have them.  Especially the OLD ones!

Cheers guys! 0:0
"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

lostnwilderness

"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."