News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Fraser River

Started by MuddlerMan, August 30, 2011, 18:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MuddlerMan

Last Sunday I got to fish a private stretch of the Fraser River.  A guy I work with on the ranch had been telling me he had access to this water all winter and we finally hit it.  Caught a few good browns in two hours of fishing.

One of the better ones of the day

Green Caddis larvae was the ticket

This is a little teaser for TM.  I've written out the whole report on the blog.  Which by the way, is in the signature line.
<-;:
"Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right" - Grateful Dead

Transylwader

I hope to God CO produces in Oct when I visit. Im callin bullshit, those are Davidson doucher brown pelletskis mang :P

Get Bent

Quote from: Transylwader on August 30, 2011, 19:29:06 PM
I hope to God CO produces in Oct when I visit. Im callin bullshit, those are Davidson doucher brown pelletskis mang :P

You better hope it don't snow, or you will be a frozen Saffa....
Konichiwa Bitches!

The Dude

Didn't I tell you the Fraser was good?  TM, I think you'll be fine in October.  The Aspen should be golden and the Elk should be bugling......and the trout should still be hammering hopper, copper, dropper rigs.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

You suck MM, and yes I am a little jealous ;D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

sheepfly

I love the Fraser! Especially the private sections.

peter p

Caught some of my biggest browns of my life on the Fraser.  Used to hike in from the post office/flyshop before the national forest access was established. 

Agree with the hopper/copper/dropper combo.   Deadly from now until just after 1st frost. 
Peter

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: peter p on August 31, 2011, 19:38:36 PM
Caught some of my biggest browns of my life on the Fraser.  Used to hike in from the post office/flyshop before the national forest access was established. 

Agree with the hopper/copper/dropper combo.   Deadly from now until just after 1st frost. 

Yea, and you told me you were poaching and ate them all! ;D /"\
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

rjs123