News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

A pleasant surprise in the mail today

Started by troutfanatic, August 25, 2011, 16:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfanatic

I went out to get the mail even though it is my wife's job. I found a small package addressed to me from the JE Pechmann Center. I opened it to find a nice little fly box and a dozen or so flies in it. That was cool an unexpected. I didn't volunteer there looking for anything... just thought it was a cool thing to do. This was a nice bonus. Besides helping others discover one of my favorite hobbies, I wanted the camaraderie of other fly fishermen more experienced than me. I found that and that was the real bonus. So I remind Al and Kris once more that I am gone on my central Asian vacation come September 15th or so. That means I won't be around for the next season but keep me on email because I fully plan to be active in the 2013 season. I should also say that my R&R leave is tentatively in late February; if I can get in a clinic, I will be there. I have 5 fly fishing goals for my 2012-2013 season:
1. continue volunteering at Pechmann
2. 60 days on the water
3. Go fishing with Phil, Al, Tranny and Chuck M (not necessarily at the same time)
4. Do a Pennsylvania steelhead run
5. go fishing with Ron Paul...

cheers!

Brian

Al

The Pechmann Center trys to send out an appropriate gift to all our volunteers each year. As I have said many times before, we could not put on these fly fishing events without our volunteers.  Of couse the greatest gift we receive is the satisfaction of knowing we share our passion for fly fishing with others.  All those smiles and "thank you's" count for a lot.

Safe trip to you Brian. Keep us updated whenever you get the chance.  We will keep a spot open for you on our volunteer roster.

As for your other goals - I will try to line up a fishing date where Phil and I can meet you on the banks of the Smith at the same time. This will be about the time the elections are heating up so bring your helmet and flak jacket. :laugh:

cmiller51h

Hey Bud, keep yer head down! My son leaves for the same place (just a little east of you) about the same time. Huskey driver doing route clearence.  Not much scares me but I'm worried shitless over him being there. I hope things have changed since I've been gone. I got 1 more trip and my ass is retiring!!!! Give me a hollar when you get back and we'll head up to the high country and do some fishin! Take care, and if ya see a skinny blonde headed kid with "Miller" on his vest hangin around KAF, smack hin in the head for me and tell him how proud his dad is of him.
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander