Wanted Polarized Sunglasses

Started by Big J, August 26, 2011, 08:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Just yesterday I lost my Oakley polarized sunglasses in Walmart  b'; Not sure how, but I walked into Walmart with them, but when I walked out I didn't have them.  I don't know what my ADD self did with them nor could I find them when I retraced my steps.  I've had them for 3 years now and have lost them over a dozen times but seem to always find them, guess my luck ran out.  Well since I'm a college student who has an expensive hobby and a gas guzzling jeep, money is tight.  So if anyone has an extra pair of polarized sunglasses they don't want, I'm willing to buy them from you.  Preferably Costas or Oakleys (No Oakleys that take up 3 quarters of your face though).  Thanks, and much appreciated.  Jacob

benben reincarnated

robspe7370

If you can't find anything to your liking around  then keep an eye on Steep and Cheap....I got a pair of Costa's for $60 not too long ago.
I ain't here for a long time. I'm here for a good time.

NewTyer1

Scott
Military Police Officer
Iraq Veteran 08-09
National Registry EMT

flyfish_va

hey man...you can get a great pair of high end glasses for $100-$200 bucks, but i highly recommend going to walmart and buying some of those berkley glasses in the amber lens color. I've personally compared them to Oakleys, Orvis glasses, Costa's, and Maui Jims. Your not gonna find anything that will help you see fish any better than the $10 walmart glasses in amber lenses.
Dont just a man by the size of his boat, but by the size of his bait !

Holmes

Flyfish_VA I agree with you on that one. Those berkleys that are 10 dollars at wal-mart, with the amber lens, really do the job for me too. Tried some more expensive models but the berkley does the job just as good. I see lots of fish, catch lots of fish, and only spent 10 dollars. 'c;

brownhunter

Personally, I will go with the high end glasses any day of the week because they will actually protect your eyes against the harmful rays of the sun, but to each his own I guess. I also don't just use my glasses for fishing though, they are my all around sunglasses.
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

Holmes

Ah, this might be true.
Quote from: brownhunter on October 05, 2011, 18:46:14 PM
Personally, I will go with the high end glasses any day of the week because they will actually protect your eyes against the harmful rays of the sun, but to each his own I guess. I also don't just use my glasses for fishing though, they are my all around sunglasses.

In that case, what do you recommend thats afforadable and provides good UV protection?

brownhunter

Here is an article that goes in depth about sunglasses and the material and probably much more than you ever need to know.

http://www.rei.com/expertadvice/articles/sunglasses.html

As far as a cheaper pair of sunglasses that would be able to give a high amount of protection, I'm not really sure :( I haven't shopped for sunglasses in several years, but when I was, I didn't mind paying a little extra because I feel that my eyes are pretty important and would rather try to protect them. I have heard great things about Native sunglasses and most of theres are under $100, but that still may be out of some people's price range.

I know I didn't really answer your question, but hopefully it still helped.
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

Big J

I just looked up Native Sunglasses and I actually really like them.  You can't beat $89 for a nice pair of polarized sunglasses.  Better then $180 for Costas or Oakleys.

Holmes

Thanks dudes i'll look into the natives. 'c;