News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

a bit of luck? TR

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 22, 2011, 22:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

My son is off to App State, it's about half way to the SoHo, so I volunteered to drop off some things that he forgot to pack.
I was planning of dropping off his stuff on the way back from the river and as I left Boone I was navigating the many changed in speed limits that occur on the route to Newland an just as I realized that I might be going a little too fast, the blue lights came on in the rear view.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I guess I was lucky for a change...

When I got to the river I thought that I might have used up my luck for the day. The river was crowded and my favorite spots on the lower river were full, I managed to squeeze in and fished a run which has been unpredictable in the past. I managed to stick a couple of fish and my finger too.

The asshole in my spot was waxing their asses and it pissed me off that I was struggling to get the bastards to take a fly. So, with just a couple of hours to fish before the early generation hit the lower river I moved on upstream to some money runs and riffles.  Fishing under time restraints puts me in a frenzied mode and I can't relax and fish all wrong. Things were not going too well and on one cast in particular I though I had hung up on the ledge in front on the hole and I did a little roll cast to try and free the nymphs, as I lifted the line the water exploded and a big brows shot up stream, cleared the water by a foot or two and threw the hook.

I landed a few rainbows, but it wasn't automatic...

About 30 minutes before the full force of the water arrived the fish began to feed like crazy and I caught a bunch of fish.

Although no browns came to hand I count it as another successful day on the river.

I headed back over the mountains and onto the campus to meet my son. Wow, what a beautiful bunch of co-eds on that campus. I want to go back to school! I've already volunteered to run up there again....

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

mecnc

I enjoyed the fish pictures but where's the co-ed pics?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: mecnc on August 22, 2011, 22:21:09 PM
where's the co-ed pics?

etched into my mind....

if I started taking pictures on campus, don't you know I'd be arrested for pervin' 

jis say'in
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Transylwader

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 22, 2011, 22:52:01 PM
Quote from: mecnc on August 22, 2011, 22:21:09 PM
where's the co-ed pics?

etched into my mind....

if I started taking pictures on campus, don't you know I'd be arrested for pervin' 

jis say'in
would that be the 3rd or the 4th charge?

fly4u

My son starts his first class today, I have a plan like yours. I plan to use it as a fishing trip as much as I can.. I have never fished the soho......yet. I do plan on hitting every stream I can in the next four years. I even have an 18 foot camper to help.
" Thank You For Your Support "

benben reincarnated

Nice lookin' gill plates on those bows.

Nice work too on the speeding warning.  -0-

sheepfly

those are some real nice solo pics.  I don't have the skill to take great pictures like that fishing by myself.

Holmes

ey woolly, nice pics yo. Lay off da pervin' though, don't wanna spend time in the pen like petey greene.
8)

outdoorguy3

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 22, 2011, 22:10:26 PM

My son is off to App State, it's about half way to the SoHo, so I volunteered to drop off some things that he forgot to pack.
I was planning of dropping off his stuff on the way back from the river and as I left Boone I was navigating the many changed in speed limits that occur on the route to Newland an just as I realized that I might be going a little too fast, the blue lights came on in the rear view.

I guess I was lucky for a change...

The asshole in my spot was waxing their asses and it pissed me off that I was struggling to get the bastards to take a fly. So, with just a couple of hours to fish before the early generation hit the lower river I moved on upstream to some money runs and riffles.  Fishing under time restraints puts me in a frenzied mode and I can't relax and fish all wrong. Things were not going too well and on one cast in particular I though I had hung up on the ledge in front on the hole and I did a little roll cast to try and free the nymphs, as I lifted the line the water exploded and a big brows shot up stream, cleared the water by a foot or two and threw the hook.

Quit posting pics with identifying back round in the pics and maybe you won't have as many "assholes" in your fishing spots!  Just sayin'!

Ralph ;D
Life's about havin' FUN!!!