News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Back on the Smith

Started by rjs123, August 30, 2011, 20:05:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs123

I havent made a post in a while. I really havent fished much this year.  Been out a few times but really havent caught much. Ive also been on the road quite a bit.  Just got back from Missouri where I fished at Bennett Springs State Park. Came real close to a 50 fish day there right before I came home.

I fished a couple of hours yesterday and a couple today on the Smith River.. Caught 4 rainbows yesterday. all about 10 inches or less but pretty fish.  They sure dont look like hatchery fish with perfect fins.  Today I caught one rainbow and 2 browns. Got the browns throwing a beetle up near the bank down in Koehler.

I caught 4 rainbows like this in the past 2 days. In different places. All about the same size and no signs of coming from the hatchery.

5xTippett

Glad you caught some, Robert.  The rainbows start coloring up and growing their fins out after they have been in there awhile.  They quit stocking in May so they have been in there awhile.  For that matter there a very few that spawn in there.  Either way,  pretty fish!

Trout Maharishi

Nice work Robert. Is that one of those Townsend Beetles I see in that fish's mouth :D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

22midge

thats more fish then the Townsend Beetle has caught all year. ;D ;D ;D
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Transylwader

Nicely done mate, so whats the deal with that dodgy fingernail polish? Acting out Pirate again with them hotties down in FL? You lucky bastage! bd;0 'c;

rjs123

Its not a Townsend beetle but I did buy it rather than tie it.  Im sure gonna try to copy it though.  I fished again today near the same place and got another nice brown. See my new post.  No pirate events lately but a large Civil War Reenactment in Missouri.  Ill be down in Key West again in December though with those hot pirate babes!  Looking forward to that!