News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

The EPA at its finest

Started by Big J, August 20, 2011, 13:44:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

http://www.jsonline.com/business/128109718.html

Like it'll actually save 34,000 deaths and 400,000 Asthma attacks  ???

snagaluffaguss

Man I dont mean to be a dick...

But you are holding a Brook Trout in your Avatar

Phil

Perfect. Let's do away with the EPA (which has already been gutted). We don't need clean air. Nope. We don't need trout in clean water. Nope. Who cares about the coal downsides? It's cheap energy. Yep. Let's do away with those bothersome Government watchdog agencies, and turn this country into a fucking wasteland. Raze all those mountains in WV for the coal. Frag for natural gas everywhere and turn everyone's water wells into burning gas poison that will light on fire from their taps.  Yessirree, Bob.  That's the way to go.  b';

Peddler

Hmmm... $4.00 a month. It's not like energy prices are going to drop anyhow but keep yer chin up... there are people now in office are chompin' at the bit to gut the EPA and undo all of the good that has been done over the years. What better way to reward your biggest campaign contributors than to let them run hog-wild over standards that set us apart from places like Communist Red China?
For me and for generations of Americans to follow clean air and water is prefered over the alternate. Does that make me a bad American?
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Big J

EPA don't save brook trout, and there has been more recent studies to show that brook trout can live in more acidic water then what was thought in the past.  EPA does a good job with salmon and bristol bay environment protection, but EPA raising electricity cost is another way to get in your pockets  :-* 

P.S. I'm all for preserving the environment and wild trout and that stuff, but against big brother reaching its dirty hands in my pockets. 

P.P.S The "energy efficient" light bulbs that are pretty much mandatory, create more pollution making them the the it saves from the less "efficient" light bulbs.  Its stupid government decisions like this that shows what kind of men are in charge. 

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Big J on August 20, 2011, 15:49:38 PM
... there has been more recent studies to show that brook trout can live in more acidic water then what was thought in the past.

I belive we have reached an impasse  0:0

Phil

So -- Let's just do away with the Government that has its "hands in our pockets". Never mind that it was set up by the Founding Fathers to run this country. Do away with all Government agencies. Do away with all taxes coming out of your "pocket." Let's let the corporations go ahead and run America. They pretty much do already. Yessirree. We'll have clean water, brook trout, nice air, no asthma, low health care costs on the free market.  No more deficit, no social security, no Medicare, let everyone pay their own way with no taxes, and a chicken in every pot for poor dumbasses who actually believe this load of crap will work.

The Libertarian model is designed for the ultimate wealthy Narcissist. "I got mine, now leave me alone."

Stuart R.

Hate to tell you but without coal the power you are running through the computer you are reading this on will run out. Coal keeps lights on plain and simple. I live in a coal industry area and my job is coal dependant. I am for coal and don't think that it will sink our planet. Not trying to start a fight just sayin'
STU
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

Al

I think the EPA, environmentalists, tree huggers, and whoever have done a good thing in cleaning up the country. Ya can't straight pipe right into our rivers and you can't run coal fired steam plants without scrubbers in place but it gets down to how much more do we give to clean up that last little bit.

Somebody has already pointed out that this nation runs on energy. Without electricity and oil, a lot of which starts out as coal, we are back to the horse and wagon days or even further back.  We do not have an energy policy and have not had one for several administrations. Saying that wind or sun will be our salvation is not a policy. It may be our salvation but we are not there with the science yet and will not be for a long time to come.  In the meantime ..............................

For them to come up with this latest rule or regulation with the economy being in the shape it is in makes me believe they are tone deaf.  Of course the same can be said about the President spending his vacation on Martha's Vineyard.  He is certainly entitled to a vacation but it seems like he and his wife enjoy giving us common folks the finger when ever they can.

Phil

"Bush spent 1,020 days of his presidency on vacation. To put this into context, John F. Kennedy spent fewer days in office, 1000, than George W. Bush spent on vacation. Bush spent 487 days at Camp David, 490 days at his Crawford ranch, and 43 days in Kennebunkport. George W. Bush spent 69 days in Crawford during his first year in office. In contrast, according to FactCheck.org, Obama spent all, or part of, 26 days of his first year in office on vacation. This was less than all three previous Republican presidents, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, and George W. Bush, but more than the two previous Democratic presidents, Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton." ~~ Jason Easley

Your whine don't work, Al. I'm no longer a fan of Obama, but am not going to fall into the convenient anti-Obama conservative rants that you guys like to rely on. You're all full of shit.

Al

Not whining Phil - Just saying the present guy is tone deaf.  Just like the EPA who want to saddle us with more regulations which will likely cause higher prices and lay offs.  Not exactly a good time to be doing stuff like that.

Phil

Quote from: Al on August 20, 2011, 21:23:43 PM
Not whining Phil - Just saying the present guy is tone deaf.  Just like the EPA who want to saddle us with more regulations which will likely cause higher prices and lay offs.  Not exactly a good time to be doing stuff like that.

So -- let me get this straight -- You think the EPA (already gutted and basically nonexistent) is saddling us with regulations that will cause higher prices and lay offs?

Let's cut to the chase here, Al. Do you want clean water with fish? Decent air to breathe? Do you think the corporate entities give a shit about that? Don't you think that maybe there should be someone watching out for the environment? Omigawd, though -- we can't have Government involved. That would cause "higher prices and lay offs."

Be careful what you wish for, my man.....

Transylwader

Quote from: Phil on August 20, 2011, 20:08:18 PM
"Bush spent 1,020 days of his presidency on vacation. To put this into context, John F. Kennedy spent fewer days in office, 1000, than George W. Bush spent on vacation. Bush spent 487 days at Camp David, 490 days at his Crawford ranch, and 43 days in Kennebunkport. George W. Bush spent 69 days in Crawford during his first year in office. In contrast, according to FactCheck.org, Obama spent all, or part of, 26 days of his first year in office on vacation. This was less than all three previous Republican presidents, Ronald Reagan, George H.W. Bush, and George W. Bush, but more than the two previous Democratic presidents, Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton." ~~ Jason Easley

Your whine don't work, Al. I'm no longer a fan of Obama, but am not going to fall into the convenient anti-Obama conservative rants that you guys like to rely on. You're all full of shit.
Seriously Phil, you voted for Obummer. GTFO

Big J

Quote from: Transylwader on August 21, 2011, 07:41:24 AM
Quote from: Phil on August 20, 2011, 20:08:18 PM

Seriously Phil, you voted for Obummer. GTFO

Bahaha

And Snag, here is a quote from TU on Brook Trout in acidic water.

"Brook trout have evolved to be the most tolerant of the trout species to acidic conditions, and adult fish can tolerate pH levels as low as 5.0. "

And here is the article so you know I didn't BS it.  ;D

http://www.tu.org/conservation/eastern-conservation/brook-trout/education/biology-habitat-needs