News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Brookies & Sockeye

Started by AK Aaron, August 19, 2011, 17:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aka

With the cool down I  thought a good walk and some fishing would be in order so I hit the high line for a hike and some brooks.
Got on the water around 8:30 after a short 45min. hike and got picked up in the 1st pool on my second cast.
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
You never can judge a days fishing off how soon the first one is caught and as it turned out the rest of the fish I got were a lot harder to entice than the first. The water is cooling down for sure but absolutely gin clear. There were more than a few pools that I crept up on just to false cast and watch specs scatter and race under rocks and ledges for cover. heres the best colors of the day. Which came from the darkest, most over grown section I fished.
[attachimg=3]
[attachimg=4]
Biggest of the day.
[attachimg=5]
I hiked back out and beat it for home to find the box my best friend from growing up back home in Alaska had arrived. He works for fedex and does a bit of fishing too.
[attachimg=6]
About 18 packages of sockeye salmon and one of some smoked king...eatings gonna be good for a while 'round my place.

Trout Maharishi

Glad you got the salmon, you would have starved if you had to eat brookies :-*
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on August 19, 2011, 19:50:25 PM
Glad you got the salmon, you would have starved if you had to eat brookies :-*

Those brookies are good fish stick size...a dozen and you'll have a meal.

Aka

Ya, I was thinking about taking them down to the Davidson and rigging up some live baits, theres a few worth taking home from there ;)

MBB

Good report.  I know you will enjoy those sockeye.  Chrome sockeye are one of the hardest fighting fish I have ever had on a flyrod.