News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Browns & Shrooms

Started by AK Aaron, August 13, 2011, 20:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aka

Getting out of bed this morning was a bit more challanging than I had planned so when I got on the water around 11am I wasn't to sure what to expect. Although I did see a red pickup w/ a TU sticker on it and figured if I had to follow someone else I couldn't have asked for a better choice :laugh:
Dinks from 3" - 5" were all willing for the first hour or so and then a few better came about.
[attachimg=1]
Pic quality sucks w/ my phone but I am cheep so it'll have to do.
[attachimg=2]
This guy raced through the pool from the top to the bottom and back again. I was tickled as sh.. as it took a new pattern I have started tying.
[attachimg=3]
The stream.
[attachimg=4]
On the hike out I came across this mushroom, that by my standards is huge. Anyone have any idea what it is? My reel is a 1.5 to give a bit of scale to the shroom in question.
[attachimg=5]

ScoutHikerDad

Nice brown Aaron, and a big shroom. That greenish carbn-fiber reel-seat looks familiar. What kind of rod is it?

Aka

Quote from: ScoutHikerDad on August 14, 2011, 13:56:01 PM
Nice brown Aaron, and a big shroom. That greenish carbn-fiber reel-seat looks familiar. What kind of rod is it?
Thanks, the rod is a Scott A3. I've had it for about 6 months now and I like it a lot. Its a 4wt. and handles well for a lot of fish. I hammered a bunch of smallies on it this past week and beat the bush w/ it yesterday, all around it is a solid rod.

benben reincarnated

Nice little crick.

I don't think the fish care this time of year when you get there, it's all about beating the guy in the red pickup w/ a TU sticker on it to the stream (who whomever it may be that given day).