News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

going down east this weekend

Started by benben, August 18, 2011, 07:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

This weekend I'm going to hang out with a friend of mine in Durham and he wanted to do a little fly fishing on Saturday morning to help with some of his "rustiness".  He's been trout fishing with me a few times and we fished the Eno in the State Park when I visited him once before.  Anybody have any recommendations for somewhere we can go close by that is wade-able?  Would prefer a river over a lake, but I won't be too picky.  Just mainly need to get to a place where he has room to cast and can hopefully catch a few to help him with his line management and landing skills. 

Will pay for good info in beer and a blueline trip and/or equally valuable blueline info whenever said person comes west.

Thanks!

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on August 18, 2011, 10:33:51 AM
you can't wade the eno?

Yep, we did that time before and that is an option for us again, just wanted to see what else might be out there.

Woolly Bugger

http://americanriverfishing.com/northcarolina/NCArticles/FatFishSkinnyWater/enotrip.htm

I was going to say, that it's wadeable if you don't mind snakes and snapping turtles..

There is the Haw, I've waded it during the white bass run at the 15 / 501 bridge / dam...
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Trout Maharishi

Can I have your stuff if you get murdered?
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on August 18, 2011, 12:29:35 PM
Can I have your stuff if you get murdered?

Peter has been promised my beer stash and my fishing equipment...all that leaves is my woodworking tools, you can have first dibs on that if you like.   

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Phil

Whoever that was in the video is very lucky he didn't lose that bass while trying to get it on the reel 4 -33 in . He took forever with slack line. That's all I have to say about that.

dnakamoto

I live in the area and have been told there are parts of the Neuse that are wadable.  Tell him to talk to Jim at Great Outdoor in Raleigh.  He can put you on some warm water fish.