News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Where to go near Asheville???

Started by duckman98, August 09, 2011, 08:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

duckman98

Hey guys i have only been up here a few times but i fish at home on the coast alot.  I was thinking about going to bevard and fish the davidson.. Is there any where closer to the Biltmore

troutboy_II

Not sure when you're talking about, but check the D's water levels and temp's in the area first.  I passed this weekend for fear I might do harm to the fish, assuming I caught one, and went to higher elevations.

Having said that, I believe there are a few trains of differing thought on whether it makes any difference, but to err on the side of the fish, I passed.

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

patrickm1587

Quote from: duckman98 on August 09, 2011, 08:21:07 AM
Hey guys i have only been up here a few times but i fish at home on the coast alot.  I was thinking about going to bevard and fish the davidson.. Is there any where closer to the Biltmore

If you go to the Davidson during the weekend, take your own rock to stand on.
"I'm your huckleberry"

Phil

The Davidson?  On a weekend?
Go fish on the aisles of Wal-Mart.  :laugh:

benben reincarnated

Tons of fishing equidistant, north, west and even east, no need to go southwest to the D.  Either way, get up high if you actually want to catch some fish.

Or better yet, how are those smallies doing in town?  Water has been all sketchy every time I've considered fishing the F Broad here in town. 

p.s.  Maybe stop by Curtis Wright in Biltmore Village and they should tell you what's what while you are in the Biltmore area...or Hunter Banks if near downtown, both places have nice folks...and I'm all about you supporting the local economy.   ;)

Transylwader

The Davidson is in Brevard?I never noo dat ???

patrickm1587

Hell go to the Watauga or South Holston, you're not but about an hour from them and they're bad ass.
"I'm your huckleberry"