News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Beautiful Specimens TR

Started by The Dude, August 07, 2011, 16:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dude

Okay, so I couldn't completely change my ways in just one week.  When the fish look like magnificent works of art, and the location of their home territory is so picturesque, it is a hard thing to say no to.  Add in the fact that if I locate the fish on a remote stretch of water and don't have to worry about seeing any other people, then it is the perfect weekend trifecta for me.

The plan:

Wake up at 5am, leave house at 5:30, arrive at parking lot by 7:15, hike in and line in the water by 8:45am.  I fished for about 3 hours and the action was non-stop the whole time. 

The Parkway just after sun-up.

The last trout spit up his breakfast.

This was the big fish that I landed on the day.  It was just a hair under 9-inches, but was nice and chunky.

Until next time.......

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

brownhunter

Another EPIC report!!!!  -0- -0- -0- -0-
That is most excellent and I love the colors on those fish. I can only imagine what they look like in their spawning colors!!! WOW!!!!

bd;0 We are not worthy  bd;0
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

benben reincarnated

Nice looking brookies.   8)

I was down south this weekend so I missed out on all the fishing I could have been doing.  Gotta go one day after work or for sure this weekend before I lose my chit.    b';

Transylwader

b'; b'; b';
Shoulda stayed in NC
bd;0 bd;0 bd;0
You jammie swine!

patrickm1587

Nice! Thanks for the report and pictures  'c;
"I'm your huckleberry"

Trout Chaser

Great Report!!  Photos don't get any better than that.  Those brook trout are fine specimens 'c;

TC

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

matrat118

Nice!!! love the colors on those brookies 'c;
"I have laid aside business and gone a-fishing"... Izaak walton

Grannyknot

Great report!
I really like the self portrait at the falls.
I need to get back to that stream.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Woolly Bugger

hot damn that's mighty fine fishing right there!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Gofisher

A fine report indeed! Looks like you had a blast.
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

Holmes

ey dude, dat some rough country but dem feesh to me look pretty good to me -0-

OldDominionAngler

Well played dude, well played. 

The Dude

Quote from: Grannyknot on August 08, 2011, 07:34:42 AM
I need to get back to that stream.

I'm surprised you recognized it.

Oh, and btw ODA, nice pull on the Dylan.  That song happens to have special meaning for me.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.