News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Salty Grass TR

Started by MarshStomper, August 01, 2011, 18:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarshStomper

Well managed to make it out a few times these last few weeks. Missed some massive trout on topwater one weekday morning, very demoralizing, caught a few spanish here and there. However we've been getting the reds to eat some feathers in the grass. So here it goes.....
Chucktown jams

Usually having crabs is a bad thing
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Buddy lost a pig broke off soon after

Fighting hard

One in the corner

Got him (first victim to the new crab pattern)

Might be hard to see but his back and tail are sticking out of the water

In pursuit

No better place in my opinion

Biggest of the summer, After hooked this guy about 40ft away (brown crab) he ran at me to with in a rod length then took off like a bat out of hell toward deep water drag was screamin ;D

Thanks buddy

Riding home over the bridge

Peace 0:0

"In this world there are two kinds of people my friend those with loaded guns and those who dig, you dig" --The Good

Transylwader

snagaluffaguss

Damn I want to get down there and do that

that shit is driving me nuts.  I gotta find a weekend to get down low country.

Thanks

'c; 'c; 'c;

Beetle

Good stuff stomper!  That is one healthy "toddler".   

What is the recommended footwear for marsh stomping?   Are those 7 weights?

walt

very nice marsh..... thanks for sharing.

how are the skeeters down that way this year? i've heard super thick in the fl glades... which bodes well for future years.

"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

MarshStomper

Beetle--I have a pair of shimano wading boots I've had forever not sure if they still make them, when i was little id walk them in flip flops which isnt smart, those are 8wts you could get away with a 7 but its nice to have the extra weight when the wind blows.

Walt--Mosquitos arent bad near the coast because were in a massive drought right now and there is no fresh water for them to breed, gnats can be bad though.
"In this world there are two kinds of people my friend those with loaded guns and those who dig, you dig" --The Good

walt

Quote from: MarshStomper on August 02, 2011, 21:24:36 PM
Walt--Mosquitos arent bad near the coast because were in a massive drought right now and there is no fresh water for them to breed,

bummer.... need 'dem skeeters for a good healthy fishery.

Quotegnats can be bad though.

tell me about it, i've been trying to get rid of this pesky bastard to the left for days now  :o
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

OldDominionAngler

Great stuff.  What's the crab body material?

WhiteMtnFlyGuy

Great report. We've had an extraordinary year thus far up around Bald Head. Evening tides looking good for Thursday & Friday this week. If you can stand the heat.

MarshStomper

Sculpin wool, I find it easier to shape than yarn. Hopefully I can make it out this week a couple times, work sucks.

MarshStomper

Made it out yesterday afternoon after work with a buddy of mine who just started guiding, didnt see many but caught a decent one. He pounded it they sure love that brown crab. Probably the last time I'll fish the flood tide before returning to school. :'( Fishing a king mackerel tournament these next couple of days no fly rod though.