None of the above
2 (5.4%)
All of the above
4 (10.8%)
One time at Band Camp I had a pizza....
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Big J

Use to be a deep dish kind of guy, but when I went to college we have an authentic Italian Restaurant that serves the best Sicilian pizza and it has won over my taste buds.  Lil Cucci's is the name of the place if anyone every is in Forest, VA (Yes, Lil Cucci's is a funny name).

benben reincarnated

PeterP is gonna like this poll.

Mstash

I order a thin pie every once in a while from my home town in NY
It's here in Valdese by noon the next day. 3/4 cooked in a sealed bag.
15min in the oven and I'm back home.

Jfey

Tonys Pizza in Matthews is hard to beat.  Big NY style slices.  Might have to be dinner tonight -0-
Yup, going fishing

overbrook

I can't remember where exactly in the city I was but I delivered out on the island and there was one of those pizzaria's you see on TV where its run by a father/son true italian family and you expect to see a few mobsters hanging out......anyway....simple slice of pepperoni....the best shit I've ever eaten!  (they must put weed in the sauce)   -0-

ScoutHikerDad

If you want the best pizza you'll ever taste, stop by Side Street in Tryon, NC (conveniently on the way home from many of my Pisgah jaunts!) and get a pepperoni mushroom pie and a pitcher to wash it down with. There's a reason it's mobbed by 4:30 on weekends.

Mstash

Quote from: Jfey on July 29, 2011, 17:51:33 PM
Tonys Pizza in Matthews is hard to beat.  Big NY style slices.  Might have to be dinner tonight -0-

We have one in Hickory.

Basel's in Cherry Grove SC is another one hard to beat

tomato can

Quote from: Big J on July 29, 2011, 13:12:50 PM
Use to be a deep dish kind of guy, but when I went to college we have an authentic Italian Restaurant that serves the best Sicilian pizza and it has won over my taste buds.  Lil Cucci's is the name of the place if anyone every is in Forest, VA (Yes, Lil Cucci's is a funny name).

Hey Big J I live in forest where is Lil Cucci's?

Big J

You know where the Kroger shopping center is?  It's in that strip towards the end.  Best pizza in town.  If you go though, they aren't open on Sundays and they have weird hours since it's a small Italian run restaurant. 

peter p

There is only one correct answer to this question.  Pizza has to be ultra thin, have a crispy crust, fold perfetcly in half and have just enough grease to run down your arm.  It should never, ever be eaten with a knife and fork!!!!  I have no problem fishing with worm dunkers, but if I see you eating pizza with a knife and fork, I am done with you. 
Peter

troutboy_II

Quote from: peter p on July 30, 2011, 10:55:36 AM
There is only one correct answer to this question.  Pizza has to be ultra thin, have a crispy crust, fold perfectly in half and have just enough grease to run down your arm.  It should never, ever be eaten with a knife and fork!!!!  I have no problem fishing with worm dunkers, but if I see you eating pizza with a knife and fork, I am done with you.

Don't think the grease part is covered, but West First Street Pizza on (wait for it...) West First Street in Hendersonville has the best damn pizza I have ever had.  Thin crust with loads of flavor and our favorite - goat cheese with artichoke hearts and fresh basil on top is so damn good you want to order another.  Wash it down with a Greenman Ale on tap and man!  Mostly locals even mid summer, which is sorta nice too.

Yeah, probably a little Californiay (they do have a cool wood fired oven and a lot of what Trout_Girl call "atmosphere"), but really, really good.  And relatively cheap, I might add.

Don't own stock in the place and don't know anybody there, but if you like thin crust pizza, i really think you should give this place a try.  I doubt you'll be disappointed.  They also own Flat Rock Bakery behind the Wrinkled Egg.

My $.02.

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

blue ridge angler

Venus pie in Spartanburg has some damn good pizza..
Ultra thin crust, and huge slices..I threw pies there for a few years back in the day..
It was better back then, but it's still good..The best though, I don't recall the name of the place but it was somewhere in lower Manhattan..Grabbed a few slices on the way to catch a plane and it was amazingly good..
Wish I had a slice right now..

ScoutHikerDad

Hey BRA-I didn't know you had Sparkle City connections! I'll be at Venus Pie with some friends in about an hour, small world. Seriously, their pizza would be much better if they weren't so chintzy on the sauce. Their decor would fit right in with the low-rent district, no? But to reiterate, Side Street is WAY better. Have you tried them?

blue ridge angler

Quote from: ScoutHikerDad on July 30, 2011, 16:30:50 PM
Hey BRA-I didn't know you had Sparkle City connections! I'll be at Venus Pie with some friends in about an hour, small world. Seriously, their pizza would be much better if they weren't so chintzy on the sauce. Their decor would fit right in with the low-rent district, no? But to reiterate, Side Street is WAY better. Have you tried them?

Oh yeah..I ate my first side street pizza over 20 years ago when they were still on the side street..They are good..