News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Fish-Washer

Started by PisgahSpeck, July 20, 2011, 17:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PisgahSpeck

When I want to eat trout I usually go out and get some pellet heads and grill them... but if I had a dishwasher I would try this out. 

The Dude

Pretty neat.  Btw, wild trout are much tastier than stockers, in my opinion.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

PisgahSpeck

I agree 110%, absolutely.  Especially some nice pink char

ScoutHikerDad

Interesting concept; it reminds me of the meal-in-a-pouch "hobo dinners" I used to have my Scouts make for campouts. Not sure I want to have my dishes taste like fish?

I agree that wild is much better. In fact, John, it was that wild brown you cooked at Balsam Grove taste-tested beside some of the stockers we caught there on the North Fork that finally made me see the light. The brownie tasted almost like buttery salmon, and the stockers were bland and tasteless in comparison. 

diaz dassie

Anyone killing wild brookies goes thru me. to this day, no one has survived. My adivce? Release or hell hath no fury... >:( >:D

cypresstrout

Trans, Everytime I read one of your reports I get hungry! :P

Stuart R.

Don't see that one going over with the wife! "You are going to put what in my dishwasher."

STU
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

PisgahSpeck

Quote from: Transylwader on July 20, 2011, 23:44:18 PM
Anyone killing wild brookies goes thru me. to this day, no one has survived. My adivce? Release or hell hath no fury... >:( >:D

Right on.  When I want to eat fish I get pellet heads.  I've seen a good creek gone bad more than once.  NC needs to change probably 75% of their regulations and stream designations while we're at it.  They seem to cater to the people whose only goal is to go out and catch a fish rather than people who they should caring about.  I'd say a lot of that is driven by a few but not all fly shops around.  I have 2000 pet fish in a hole below the fish hatchery on the Dave I like to go and play with flies that look and smell like dog food, it's a real secret hole.

diaz dassie

Hey lads, Im just taking the piss as usual. I think this would be a grand idea: Creel some fish out of the brookie streams, especially those small shits (appetizers of God) and there will be more food for less mouths. There would once again be 15" hawg brookies cruising round like it's nobody's business. Just a thought... ???
Pellet heads? Fuck NO! Those thingies taste like shite. I would rather get ring sting over a dodgy as diarrohea filet of fish sammich from Mickey D's 8)

Big J

Quote from: Transylwader on July 21, 2011, 22:29:06 PM
Hey lads, Im just taking the piss as usual. I think this would be a grand idea: Creel some fish out of the brookie streams, especially those small shits (appetizers of God) and there will be more food for less mouths. There would once again be 15" hawg brookies cruising round like it's nobody's business. Just a thought... ???
Pellet heads? Fuck NO! Those thingies taste like shite. I would rather get ring sting over a dodgy as diarrohea filet of fish sammich from Mickey D's 8)

WHAT!?!?! Are you saying McDonald's fish filet sandwiches aren't good!  They remind me of the taste of fresh wild brook trout!  ;D

5xTippett

Mike, call the biologist over the streams you fish and ask him if you should take anything out, and what size.  The answer may surprise you.  I have pretty much done this when I am going to fish a place fairly often.  The biologists are generally pretty nice people and they know their streams. 

rjs123

No need to wait till you get home to cook then in the dishwasher.

Gut them, season, rap in tin foil, place on your engine, drive home, remove from foil and enjoy.