News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

If it aint broke

Started by snagaluffaguss, July 20, 2011, 14:57:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snagaluffaguss

AFFTA and TU join forces to stop the Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act

The American Fly Fishing Trade Association today joined Trout Unlimited and a host of other sporting and conservation organizations in opposing the so-called Wilderness and Roadless Area Release Act, which would remove all protections from the last, best fishing and hunting destinations in the United States.

http://www.anglingtrade.com/2011/07/19/american-fly-fishing-trade-association-joins-tu-in-opposing-bill-that-would-trash-america%e2%80%99s-backcountry/#more-2939

Aka

Lets hope that doesn't happen, we don't need more roads that we can't pay for in areas that should be protected anyway.
I posted this a while ago (before the Yellowstone spill), its funny that exxon was was one of those pushing the hardest against this.

http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2011/04/15/15greenwire-oil-industry-threatens-obama-admin-over-clean-96759.html

So you have exxon and others fighting wetland protection, some yahoo down in Raleigh trying to push fracking into your backyard and devolpment into wilderness and backcountry areas we either fish or would love to fish. Most of these types of efforts are either directly pushed by state and federal republicans or they are in agreement with those who are pushing the.

No wonder so many fly fisherman are republicans, look at how well they align with our interests.  b';

diaz dassie

Oh, it's broken alright. The wonderful govern"MUNT" that is. But they can never take my Orvis Helios away, nor can they ever force me to vote for Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dumb p;-
Snag, quit this depressing shit. We live it everyday. How about something hopeful?
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login