News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Corn Hole for Conservation

Started by snagaluffaguss, July 12, 2011, 13:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snagaluffaguss

http://middleriverdispatch.com/2011/07/conservation-gets-the-rusty-machete-treatment/

p;-

How bad is it?
Here is a sample courtesy of TU and NWF (follow the links for more details):

•The Land and Water Conservation Fund: cut by 80%to $62M, an all time low for the program
•North American Wetlands Conservation Act funding cut by 47% to $20M
•USFWS Resources management budget cut 95% to 2.85M
•State Wildlife Grants cut 64% to $22M
They hung a sign around the corpse with these provisions:

•Stopping EPA from finalizing protections for wetlands and streams
•Stopping a rulemaking to protect streams from mountain top removal mining
•Blocking recent protections for the Grand Canyon watershed from mining

-+;

Phil

As usual -- THANKS, Republicans.  b';

Trout Maharishi

Typical knee jerk reaction without much in the way of facts. These sub committees are made up of Dems and Rebublicans. If you don't like what they have done, I suggest you look up who is on the committee and how they voted. You might be surprised  8)
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Phil

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on July 12, 2011, 14:20:34 PM
Typical knee jerk reaction without much in the way of facts. These sub committees are made up of Dems and Rebublicans. If you don't like what they have done, I suggest you look up who is on the committee and how they voted. You might be surprised  8)

No, TM. The House is now firmly in the hands of conservatives, and they are bound and determined to do away with the EPA and all other environmental programs. I suggest YOU look it up and prove otherwise. Refute the story....  -0-

Phil

C'mon, Trout Maharishi. You haven't answered. Look at the list of cosponsors.

]http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h112-2018]

BTW -- I know John Mica  (the sponsor). He has a vacation home next door to my mother-in-law. Comes into the place where I play music fairly often. A nice enough guy in person, but his politics (and his wig) suck.

The 4 Democrats voting for it are all in mining states. All the rest who voted for it are huge republican/conservatives.

Prove me wrong. C'mon. Bring it on.  :;!

snagaluffaguss

Partisan Politics
Personal Differences and
Pissing Contests aside

I hope everyone here who cares about this issue (and that should be everyone here) will follow ODA's link and make your voice heard.

Quote from: OldDominionAngler on July 12, 2011, 14:39:05 PM
Left or right, speak up if you don't agree with it:
http://takeaction.tu.org/c.ntJSJ8MPIqE/b.7547145/k.4EA9/Protect_our_streams_and_rivers/siteapps/advocacy/ActionItem.aspx

Phil

Snag -- I'm getting a blank screen on the TU website. I'm no longer a member.

Otherwise, I'd vote.

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Phil on July 12, 2011, 20:12:08 PM
Snag -- I'm getting a blank screen on the TU website. I'm no longer a member.

Otherwise, I'd vote.

try again later Ive never been a member but I was able to use the site. 

I may join up and start contributing monitarily provided they do more to fight this kind of stuff and less talking to me like Im a dumb kid, inviting me to be a guest speaker and then asking for proprietary information like I owe it to them, crowding me and my clients on the river by fishing next to us like they been knowing us all their lives,  and competing with me for business by offering "guided trips" and "classes" that undercut my prices.

Phil

OK. I finally got into the site. Hoops and garters. I voted.

Trout Maharishi

Sorry for the delay Phil, I just got home from my 2nd job. Obummers grand plans to save the world haven't been all that great for me. I haven't said if I  am against or for the bill/bills, I haven't read them yet. The only one I see is HR2018. Some of the stuff in there I'm OK with, some I'm not. BTW, I think so far this has only been looked at by a House Appropriations Sub committee, nothing has become law yet. Sponsors of the bill are indeed mostly Republican, but sponsors and committee members are 2 different things. I haven't been able to locate the members of that particular sub committee yet, and I don't think it really matters at this point. I'm more interested in the full House and Senate votes. Your example of Dems with mining interest are perfect examples of Dems that will vote for bills like these because of special interest. All I was really saying is look at the make up of the votes some time and how they voted, it surprises me  8) Cuts are going to have to come from somewhere, get ready, each one is going to disappoint someone.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Phil

In other words, TM -- you are not responding particularly intelligently. You are searching for an out.  You are misdirecting the topic once again. You are a pro at that.  Go back to the original one.  -0-
Go search the websites. Tell me I'm wrong. . See yers!

BTW  -- I work two jobs as well....