News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Anyone Wanna Fish SOHO Sat?

Started by Flytie09!!, July 08, 2011, 23:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flytie09!!

I know it's slap ass late, but anyone wanna fish SOHO Sat morn?  I'm heading out Sat morn.  Any takers?

Flytie09!!

If I don't hear anything, I'm gonna start out at the island hole above Hickory Street Bridge.  See ya there.

Flytie09!!

Well I fished the SOHO Sat and it was awesome.  Like those that fish there know, some hot times, some slow times, and some memorable times.  Tons of friggen people below the grating.  Folks lined up wading 20 ft below casting up into the grating scaring the shit out of them.  First time I ever saw that.  (Do people ever take a second and think what they're doing first)?

I fished sulphurs most of the day, caught 25 - 30 fish with me switching to a dbl rig towards the end of the day in the riffles below HTB.  Nothing.  I heard a crazy splash upriver, and then I saw him.  (along the opposite bank under the trees).  I couldn't believe it, sucka jumpin 2 ft out of the water.  It looked like a damn carp it was so big.  Kerplow.  I was worried it was getting so dark, so I tried sneaking up on the bastage.  4 casts, nothin and then he took it.  Gentle slurpage.  I thought it was a normal 12"er.  Not a great fighter, but when I saw him I was going nuts.

10 min later, I had em in the net an landed 'em.  I had a tape measure, but my camera was in the car. Measured at 22".  I left him in the net in the water and ran to the car.  When I got back, he was still there.  I'm an idiot because I didnt take a pic right away.    I was alone, but there were 2  guys below me 200 yds.  I tried dragging him in the net in the water to them and bloop, he rolls out.  Fish of a lifetime and I fuck up.  I'd rather lose him that way than have him die in my hands.

Oh well, I know he was a monster and landed him.  Enough for me.  But I'm buying a water proof camera.  No more screwing around.  I hate fucking around with fish when I'm releasing them.

Best trout ever for me around here.  I'm sure there's bigger, but I'll talk about this one for a while. 

Gotta love tha S. Holston.

(p.s. - I know this sucks w/out pics, but the story is good I hope)

Woolly Bugger

fuck leaving a fish in the net to run for the camera..

jis say'in
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Flytie09!!