It ain't a smallie, it's a biggie

Started by bullship, July 05, 2011, 10:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullship

Haven't really had as much time to fish as I'd hoped since the move, but I've been out a few times to scout the nearest bait chucking, littered bank, stocker stream without too much luck. I'll venture farther from the road and get into some bluelines soon enough, or over to the tailwaters, but it's pissing me off to have a river within a few minutes that I can't seem to have a good day on. Went out looking for carp a couple times in the big river, and so far found only buffalo, which i may despise more than grass carp. Found lots of eager smallies without looking though..... It will come together at some point, but i feel like I'm starting from scratch, and I realize I'm a god awful trout fisherman.

My neighbor has a pretty little 1/2 acre pond, and since they're in Florida for 51 weeks of the year, they don't seem to mind me fishing the pond. Or, I'm sure that would be the case if they knew i was. i figured I'd pull out some bluegills and maybe a few really small bass. Well.....the bluegills won't bite on anything except very realistic tiny stuff, and so far I've only found one bass. It's my new experimental fly testing facility. My poor copy of what i think was snag's carp fly proved to be an attention getter.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

My photo skills have depreciated mostly due to not giving a shit, which has basically become how i feel about most things. I couldn't be happier. Hope all is well with everyone. Come see us.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

diaz dassie

Chin up Matt, I am stuck in an office till Friday, I wish I could get lost, sometimes permanently ;)

snagaluffaguss

Im gonna post a pic of that Carp fly and some variations along with a recipe for you.  I didnt know you really liked it that much I just thought you were being nice to the carp noob. :embarassed:

I think everyone's fly are awesome except for mine.  Looks like others think the same.

Thanks, 0:0

Snag

Hawgkiller

Sweet smallie man!   I am ready to come down anytime.  Just say the word!

kylemc

Head on over bro..Or I can head over there..either is fine. We are to close not to fish some.

snagaluffaguss

Carp flies in the bass pan fish fly tying section 0:0