News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

spook the trout

Started by benben, July 04, 2011, 15:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

Well my morning started out with a fun game of spook the trout, and I was winning because I was spooking every damn one of them.  Eventually as the stream narrowed up and I crept lower, I started having better luck.  Was able to do some decent fishing before the rains ran me off.  Nice day on a stream I haven't fished before, and I got to try out my new waterproof camera, which I enjoyed.

Spotted this little fella' on my hike in...

[attach=1]

Not sure what was up with this, it was on the stream side, somewhat close to some campsites...seems an animal of some sort had them a nice little July 4th snack.

[attach=2]

[attach=8]

first fish:

[attach=3]

Some more....didn't think this turned out too bad considering it was my first attempt at an underwater shot, hopefully I'll get more practice, but I was just messing around when I did this.

[attach=4]

[attach=5]

last fish of the day, thunder was rolling in:

[attach=6]

Wee Heavyer was to be had when I got home.   -0-

[attach=7]

Woolly Bugger

good start, nice middle and excellent finish!  0:0
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

OldDominionAngler

Quote from: benben on July 04, 2011, 15:42:36 PM
Not sure what was up with this, it was on the stream side, somewhat close to some campsites...seems an animal of some sort had them a nice little July 4th snack.

[attach=2]

Either that or Petey's been fishing your water.  Nice report.  'c;

5xTippett

"Either that or Petey's been fishing your water. "  I was thinking the same thing!  I could stand one myself about now! -0-

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: 5xTippett on July 04, 2011, 16:04:54 PM
"Either that or Petey's been fishing your water. "  I was thinking the same thing!  I could stand one myself about now! -0-

truth dat
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

PisgahSpeck

Some nice fish and nice beer man.  Shoulda made it on the creek today!  Tryin to decide where to go tomorrow.

diaz dassie

Were you up there on your own? I tried to find parking but decided to bail. The ridge was a goddam tourista overrun nightmare this weekend. Minimal fishing, maximum drinking and blowing shit up 8)

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Transylwader on July 04, 2011, 22:53:17 PM
Were you up there on your own? I tried to find parking but decided to bail. The ridge was a goddam tourista overrun nightmare this weekend. Minimal fishing, maximum drinking and blowing shit up 8)

I was the only one fishing, or at least I beat everyone there.  I went what I consider early.  Saw nobody on the hike in, and a few campers from the previous night.  Was a circus though when I got back to my car...mofos all got stormed on I'd imagine, I bailed just in time, poured on my way back home.

Trout Maharishi

Don't let Pete know you have any of that Wee Heavy ;D Nice pics and report, btw, you suck 'c;
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski