And I was about to make a post renouncing cynicism

Started by snagaluffaguss, July 02, 2011, 20:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

read that is was caused by the flooded river, clean-up is hampers by the high water too... it will take some time to get the crew into the area.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

snagaluffaguss

http://buttonvalley.wordpress.com/2011/07/05/if-you-build-it-it-will-leak/

Just in case we manage to get rid of all the Dick Head Cops, Ass Hat Lawyers, and Left Leaning Governers  in North Carolina...

I though I would keep this going so that we could have something (while less important and less pressing I know) to be outraged and concerned about.

Big J

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Big J on July 15, 2011, 08:50:19 AM
Orvisnews has an update on the oil spill.  http://www.orvisnews.com/FlyFishing/Yellowstone-River-Oil-Spill-Update.aspx

QuoteUPDATE: Jason Elkins of Orvis Travel notes that fly fishermen traveling to Montana have little to fear from the oil slick. "Although this is a serious issue, trout fishermen may be relieved to know that the spill is located far downstream from any trout habitat. Anglers planning to fish in Yellowstone Park or on the Yellowstone River this summer will not be impacted by the oil spill."

Thanks for the update Orvis, and Jason Elkins.

I can breathe easyer now knowing that only the lesser fish were affected by the oil spill, go outside and crank up the Suburban, drive down to my nearest Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Retailer, sign up with Orvis Travel, buy a new Clearwater 9ft 5wt, and  go not catch some trout the same size as the ones I have here and dont catch, but Ill still get to take pictures of all the pretty scenery of dirt and rocks they have "out west," and then go annoy the kid down at the local rat hole fly shop with stories about all the fish I didn't catch and the money I spent on my trip "out west" with Orvis, and how he should really go "out west" and fish sometime, he is really missing out.

Sorry Big J,

No offense I just (obviously) havent quite renounced that cynicism yet.   0:0

blue ridge angler

Big J

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on July 17, 2011, 20:57:08 PM
Quote from: Big J on July 15, 2011, 08:50:19 AM
Orvisnews has an update on the oil spill.  http://www.orvisnews.com/FlyFishing/Yellowstone-River-Oil-Spill-Update.aspx

QuoteUPDATE: Jason Elkins of Orvis Travel notes that fly fishermen traveling to Montana have little to fear from the oil slick. "Although this is a serious issue, trout fishermen may be relieved to know that the spill is located far downstream from any trout habitat. Anglers planning to fish in Yellowstone Park or on the Yellowstone River this summer will not be impacted by the oil spill."

Thanks for the update Orvis, and Jason Elkins.

I can breathe easyer now knowing that only the lesser fish were affected by the oil spill, go outside and crank up the Suburban, drive down to my nearest Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Retailer, sign up with Orvis Travel, buy a new Clearwater 9ft 5wt, and  go not catch some trout the same size as the ones I have here and dont catch, but Ill still get to take pictures of all the pretty scenery of dirt and rocks they have "out west," and then go annoy the kid down at the local rat hole fly shop with stories about all the fish I didn't catch and the money I spent on my trip "out west" with Orvis, and how he should really go "out west" and fish sometime, he is really missing out.

Sorry Big J,

No offense I just (obviously) havent quite renounced that cynicism yet.   0:0

None takin, I agree with you.  I do sport an Orvis sling pack though  :P

Aka

That excuse that it wasn't shitty engineering or poor safety maintenance but a flooded river hokum is the best. I guess ultimately it doesn't really matter, with an excuse like Mother Nature who needs to know what the hell their doing, right?

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: AK Aaron on July 17, 2011, 21:20:18 PM
That excuse that it wasn't shitty engineering or poor safety maintenance but a flooded river hokum is the best.

You'll like this (actually you wont, but you know what I mean)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/15/us-oil-spill-montana-idUSTRE76E0OJ20110715

Aka

Like the article says, "Exxon has apologized for the spill..." and NOW these big governmet loving environmentalists want new pipeline standards and guidelines that would not only protect the precious fish but also private property owners, why should my tax dollars go towards safeguarding some peckerwood I have never even seen way out in Montana?