Little west of Asheville

Started by PisgahSpeck, June 30, 2011, 06:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PisgahSpeck

I grew up and have lived my whole life just west of Asheville, except the past two years, when I was in Florida.   I've been fishing since I was a tike, but haven't gotten serious about fly fishing until about five years ago.  First picked up a fly rod when I was about 12 but didn't have the sense to keep it in my hand.  I went to school around here and really got into it during college years.  We spent A LOT of time on the Tuck but now I'm not one to go after those pellet heads any more.  In Florida I tried to use a fly rod but didn't have one suitable for salt until about a month before I left.  I did get on a lot of nice Red's, gator mouths, and Cobia with spinning tackle.  These days I'm getting in the creek about every other day and am pretty bad addicted.  I don't like chasing pellet heads and perfer a roll or bow and arrow over a double haul.  Hopefully I got a job in the area so I'm here to stay.  I love to backpack and camp when I'm fishing especially when I'm busch-wacking.  Anybody around Asheville that wants to meet up to fish I'd be glad to.  I wouldn't expect you to take me to any of your blue lines because I wouldn't do that either, at least not at first!  A lot of people on here seem to have a good amount of sense, and I like it because I'm still a dumb about certain things and need to get better!

benben reincarnated

Welcome.

We are all dumb asses on some level.    ;D