News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Welcome to NC

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 29, 2011, 15:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

The North Carolina State Highway Patrol is investigating a trooper's conduct following a letter from a Raleigh attorney to the governor and more than two dozen local and state officials in which the attorney claims his wife was harassed and intimidated during a traffic stop last week
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/9799392/

you gotta read this letter to the Perdue! http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2011/06/29/9799488/letter.pdf
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Get Bent

I like the name dropping in the letter to the Governor! And I hate to burst her husbands bubble, but that trooper didn't need probable cause to stop her. The headlight was enough, not to mention reasonable suspicion is all thats needed to stop a car. That letter stinks of bull shit IMO. There are two sides to every story. We shall se if our useless Governor will micro manage on this one!
Konichiwa Bitches!

blue ridge angler

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Get Bent on June 29, 2011, 18:24:04 PM
I like the name dropping in the letter to the Governor! And I hate to burst her husbands bubble, but that trooper didn't need probable cause to stop her. The headlight was enough, not to mention reasonable suspicion is all thats needed to stop a car. That letter stinks of bull shit IMO. There are two sides to every story. We shall se if our useless Governor will micro manage on this one!

YEP  'c;  'c;  'c; 

My sentiments exactly.  I can tell you right now I would't hire that fucker to be my lawyer if I were in trouble.  What was that again...an intoximeter...or was it a breathalyzer, or was it an intoxilizer...or a thingamadrunker.  Fucker doesn't even know enough about DWI to call the insturment by the correct name, if a trooper was that ignorant of the name of the instrument (hell if he called it a machine and not an insturment) that would be enough to throw the case out in most courts. 

As an attorney he should also know that you can not release some one as an officer, the magistrate has to do that.  If the officer does that it is automatically considered a false arrest.

Maybe the Trooper is a dick...maybe the attorney feels he is too politically connected to be bothered by some flunky with a badge...maybe there is a bit more to the story that what is in the letter.

Welcome to North Carolina

snagaluffaguss

Woolly Bugger

There is some question about the headlamp actually being out!  and if it had been me that had refused to take a field sobriety test, well lets just say ...  -+;
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 29, 2011, 22:57:37 PM

There is some question about the headlamp actually being out!  and if it had been me that had refused to take a field sobriety test, well lets just say ...  -+;

I would refuse any field sobriety test...its not the one that you agreed to take...and from there there are lots of other stuff that you have the right to ask for and to refuse.

Most folks are ignorant of the law...and then they ask the cop who just arrested them about their rights and get pissed off and feel fucked over when the cop won't inform them.

The cop is not  your lawyer.   He will not inform you of your rights unless required by law.  You and/or your lawyer should know the law.   Your ingnorance does not mean the man is trying to keep you down....I mean...He is...but not in the way you think.

The headlight is always questionable.   PC (probable cause) is the first thing the attorney always attacks in any case if he is abe to pass a bar exam.  But a cop dont need PC to stop you. 

He only needs reasonable suspicion

and reasonable suspicion is a tiny mythical creature that lives in the forest.

He needs PC to make an arrest not a vehicle stop.  If he arrests with out PC it is in effect a kidnapping.  He needs PC to stop you whilst you are walking. 

If he says hey hold up a minute I want to talk to you and you stop you just did that voluntarily he does not need PC.

If he asks to search your car and you say yes he does not need PC.

If he smells marijuana that is PC.

If you "look like a stoner" that is not PC.

If he tells you to exit the vehilce you have to do it.

He can pat you down "for weapons"

Don't carry your dope on you that shit wont get lonley at home is what I am trying to say.

I aint saying the cop was in the right....

Im saying know your rights and the attorney's story has a lot of holes, tricks, conjecture, speculation, and misdirection in it...and he doesnt hide it very well which means I am unimpressed.

Thats enough of a soap box/search and siezure lesson for now.

blue ridge angler

Good stuff snag..Me and you have discussed these issues in person on more than a few occasions..
I would only add that the smaller the town you are pulled in, the less the law itself matters..Barney Fife lives by his own set of rules..That's a fact I have seen first hand..
I would love to believe that the majority of police are good people, but unfortunately from my experiences I have witnessed the opposite to be true..I have some good friends who are active, and ex police and they are great people..But they are a small percentage compared with the total pricks I have had the misfortune to come across..
My record speaks to that fact..Out of half a dozen times in front of judges I have never been convicted of any crime because there were no crimes committed..I just have the misfortune of looking like the type of guy who picked on the officers when they were in high school or some such bullshit..
Maybe power corrupts, maybe the corrupted are the ones who seek power, either way a day without seeing a cop is a good day in my book..

Cbingham

Sounds as if they are both full of shit to me.... either way she should have been released after she blew 0.0 twice. They also could have conducted a field test on tile in her hose / socks. But she should have had her happy butt bounced out after the 0.0

I think the part they are omitting is the part where the jackass lawyer name dropped in the office and showed his ass. Therefore the officer probably decided to be a bigger dick than usual.

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Cbingham on June 30, 2011, 10:08:49 AM

I think the part they are omitting is the part where the jackass lawyer name dropped in the office and showed his ass. Therefore the officer probably decided to be a bigger dick than usual.

'c; 'c; 'c;

diaz dassie

Wow, this is some major justice! Hoyt Tessener is father to a chick a friend of mine was banging. About 6 months ago, my little bro and him were in a bar, enjoying themselves and this dickhead pull in and punches the living shit outta my bud. I guess he didn't approve of his little girlie being banged by this dude. There's a civil suit on the go still. That whole family are a bunch of egotistical fucking asshat lawyers. Just because she's the wife of a prominent (and quite crooked lawyer) means she's able to refuse a breathalizer? Oh she was a cheer leader, little Miss Prissy is exempt from dealing with life itself. If she wasn't drinking why the fuck wouldn't she take the sobriety test? BECAUSE SHE WAS LIQUORED b';

Woolly Bugger

just saw the released videos and must say that it's total BULLSHIT!

prissy biotch and asshat hubby  IMHO

me -There's a season?

overbrook

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 05, 2011, 12:17:57 PM

When I first started reading it I thought he might have a legitimate gripe...but the more that asshole wrote the more I realized what Wooly said. I have the feeling that had she not been drinking and politely complied with the officers request ...none of that shit would have happened. It smells to high hell of the "don't you know who I am....I know people!" syndrom

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: overbrook on July 05, 2011, 19:30:59 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 05, 2011, 12:17:57 PM

When I first started reading it I thought he might have a legitimate gripe...but the more that asshole wrote the more I realized what Wooly said. I have the feeling that had she not been drinking and politely complied with the officers request ...none of that shit would have happened. It smells to high hell of the "don't you know who I am....I know people!" syndrom

Yep -p-
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

but then again...

this is the text trasmitted between the two officers...

QuoteThe June 22 messages follow:[/size][/font][/size]- 12:03:51 a.m. (from Wyrick to Smith): "This woman refused all roadside testing, and blew .00. Her husband is a trial lawyer and told me I should be ashamed of myself."
- 12:05:02 a.m. (from Smith to Wyrick): "Hahahaha f--- her and f--- him. She say how much she'd had to drink?"
- 12:07:13 a.m. (from Wyrick to Smith): "She said 1 drink at 7pm."
- 12:07:30 a.m. message from Smtih to Wyrick: "F---her."
It is approximately 12:15 a.m., according to Hoyt Tessner's letter, that Wyrick says he is taking Gina Tessener to the magistrate's office.
It's on that trip that Smith stops Hoyt Tessener, who is following Wyrick, but Smith releases him without issuing a citation.
Another message exchange occurs between the troopers, beginning at 12:31 a.m.:
- 12:31:36 a.m. (from Smith to Wyrick): "TELL HIM IF HE WANTS TO COP AN ATTITUDE TO FEEL FREE AND COME BACK AND ILL STROKE HIM THAT SPEED."
- 12:33:42 a.m. (from Wyrick to Smith): "HOW FAST"]
- 12:33:59 a.m. (from Smith to Wyrick): "58"

I now think that they are both fucked!   -+;
me -There's a season?