News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Back at it!

Started by 5xTippett, June 27, 2011, 19:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5xTippett

After a couple of weekends away from serious fishing I decided it was time to head back North.  I slept late on Saturday morning like I always do on a one day trip due to being allergic to falling asleep and dying on the way home.   I arrived upstream around 2:30.  I messed around rigging up and headed in.  I fished for awhile and caught some fish, but I never could get really wired in. I caught about half what I normally catch there.  I headed downstream to a spot that I normally just hit and run for 20 or 30 minutes.  I ended up fishing for about an hour or so.  I caught about double what I normally catch there.  I left about 30 minutes before dark because I was tired and I had a long ride ahead of me.  I have been trying to decide how I am going to fish the river for the next couple of months due to the planned Saturday generation (which I am not at all thrilled with). I am going to have to fish some new spots, which I spent some time studing on while driving between the two spots I fished.  I arrived at my house at about 1:00 AM.  Seven hours driving, 4 hours or so in the water, for about 15 or so fish.   I must love this stuff to do that.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

jwgnc

I should have purchased a VA license and headed to the Smith.  Next time.

Selfish me.  I forgot to say way to get go ! 'c;
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Woolly Bugger

get that VA licence before the price goes up..!

nice trip you had there! that drive can't be getting any shorter! I've been finding that the last 30 minutes of light are really somthing to be there for!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

gamatt53

I haven't been up there in a month what is up with the saturday generations? Any sulphurs left still? Nice brownies

Woolly Bugger

gmatt, very very few suphurs left  :embarassed: 

sat and sun's july and aug will have a recreactional release from 1 pm till 5 pm 1 generator only. This is two fold in purpose, 1 cool the river on the w/e and 2 give the paddlers some water to float the river.
It messes with those who enjoy the low water wading on the w/e

i
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

brownhunter

Very large dorsal fin on that 2nd brown. Hopefully he will be allowed to grow into that  :D
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me