News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Brooks, Bows and T-Storms

Started by AK Aaron, June 13, 2011, 17:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aka

Being in Hendersonville I was still an hour and a half drive from where I was going and didn't want to end up following someone else upstream, so I got up early, coffee, toast and banana then out of the house just before the sun came over the trees.
Up the hill by the crest and feeling good. I figured I would get a good amount of time on the water before the afternoon storms rolled in.
[attach=1]
I was the only one at the trail head when I got there, finished my second cup of coffe getting everything ready and hiit the trail. I hiked in for an hour or so before getting in the water and on the first cast missed the take on a small brookie. I fished through a couple pools and cuaght a few when I saw this guy on a rock, cream body under the black wings so I re-tied with a cream EHC and a PT dropper.
[attach=2]
It started getting good after that.
[attach=3]
[attach=4]
[attach=5]
Pool after pool was producing with half taking the EHC and the rest on the dropper.
[attach=7]
Clouds started moving in and thunder was getting closer and I'm not a huge fan of standing in the water in a thunderstorm so I hit the trail and ate lunch on the way out.
[attach=8]
Back on the road the weather was looking better as I got a ways away so I hit a davidson trib and sore mouthed a bunch of rainbows for a couple hours before heading home.

diaz dassie

Thanks for the brookie fix! Nice man, Henderson County? Hmm, havent pounded that place in a long time... :D
You have brookies right under your nose.

Aka

Heres a couple from down below. Felt good knowing I was soar mouthing the fish some dude from Florida who kept me at 30mph down the 276 was hoping to catch.
[attach=1]
[attach=2]
It warmed up a bit by the time I got out of the water.
[attach=3]
Transylwader, if you get up towards my redneck of the woods and wanna hit some of the streams let me know.

FoulHook

It's impossible to travel that stretch of 276 this time of year without getting behind a florida plate. I got that road darn near memorized, so it's that much more frustrating when they slam the breaks on a "curve", especially the lower section before the parkway.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

benben reincarnated

Gotta watch out for the bare-footed babes in bikinis carrying inner tubes down 276 along the Lower D also.  They treat the road as their sidewalk.

FoulHook

Quote from: benben on June 14, 2011, 20:06:18 PM
Gotta watch out for the bare-footed babes in bikinis carrying inner tubes down 276 along the Lower D also.  They treat the road as their sidewalk.

Those are the ones you stop for and see if they need a ride.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Aka

Quote from: benben on June 14, 2011, 20:06:18 PM
Thats all I watch out for :o

diaz dassie

Bollocks! Those females along two sembidy six are rank as fuck. Here's one I spotted after buying ice cream near BiLo in Ecusta :o

Holmes

damn tranny not even us bruthas be willin to tap somethin dat look like dat ha lord :-\