glad i decided to go.... [no pics]

Started by tattdflythrower, June 13, 2011, 20:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tattdflythrower

Headed to the dan just a quarter past seven and 10miles bound. made my first cast under a nice old black walnut and halfway through my drift saw i nice silveryviolet flash but never took.head down the stream a few sips n casted in the next, pretty decently deep hole  first cast hook-up ; hook-off. Tossed in a bit further into the swift and was shocked but what looked like a 13" bright orange lightning streak slap at my yellowcaddis stim. heart pumping tossed right back in ....thump..... spittt.after a kind of a puzzled pissed off laugh took a nip :D n casted back at'em  BAM  rod bent head over butt. drag screaming upstream.. he sat at a dead tug of war  i fought him for around 4 or 5 mins up and down this gravel pool tryin to net him more than 3 times as soon as the big guy saw me he'd take of finally he headed in the shallows floating down stream to me and in the net he went. turned out to be a a better part of 20 inch brown  wild as could be. had to estimate the min weight to 3lbs. let him have a breather and he slowly  swam back to the lowed of the pool.definitely the biggest trout i've caught. you could prally hear me hollar a half mile into the valley nothin better than decidin' to hit the river after work getting my fly wet n comin home smellin like feesh
"if i live the life im given, i wont be scared to die"

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski