News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Gulp -- Weirdness Today

Started by Phil, June 05, 2011, 15:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Phil on June 07, 2011, 16:52:20 PM
OK. I fucked up, it seems. No houses, barns etc. around. I figured that  down in a wilderness area on a public road, the streams would be posted if I wasn't allowed to fish for some wild fish. Obviously I was wrong.

I'm sure the "holy" Trout Maharishi will set me straight every time I post in the future, and 5X and Wooley will chime in.  Hey TM -- have you ever had any property issues fishing the Davidson at the campground and the hatchery area??  :P

I don't think so, as a matter of fact, I try to ignore you since for the most part you are only trying to be insulting. -0- ;D Now about this Davidson thing. You seem to want to rag on me about fishing the Davidson. I admit I have fished there more over the last few years than anywhere else. I like to catch big fish, and I know lots of the regulars and never seem to have a problem finding a place to squeeze in. I'm not as young as I use to be. The Davidson in addition to having big fish is easy to wade and has miles and miles of easy access. I enjoy the technical aspect of fishing small flies to large fish. I've been fishing the Davidson since the late 60's and I can tell you it is as good as any trout stream in NC. The volume and diversity of aquatic life is second to none. Top that off with the discharge adding nutrients from the hatchery and you have a stream capable of producing large fish. There is a natural reproducing population of rainbows and browns. Sure some of the stockers from down stream swim up stream (5 or 6 miles) and are mixed in the population, but that's true in a lot of other places I've fished. I've caught stocker brook trout 3 or 4 miles up Bradley Fork in the park.

Since you don't know me, I though you might like to know a couple of things about my fly fishing back ground, so that the next time you wanted to belittle or insult me you could come up with something more suitable. I grew up in Haywood County just a couple of miles from the GSMNP boundary. I've fished just about every major watershed in the park, and a lot of the feeder streams since the mid 60's. I've spent hundreds of days fishing the park over the years. I've lived from here to the West coast and back and fished all over the US. I've caught Golden Trout in the Sierras, Cutthroat and Grayling in MT, and Steelhead and Salmon in CA. There isn't much water south or west of Asheville that I haven't fished at some time over the years.

My point here is not to toot my own horn so much as simply to inform you that I'm really not just a one trick pony. I don't rag on you about where or how you fish. If you don't like the Davidson, don't go, no one is going to make you go there. As far as my tying and fishing skills, I'm really nothing special, but I think I can pretty much hold my own most anywhere.  <-;:

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

mecnc

I grew up in Haywood County just a couple of miles from the GSMNP boundary.

Haywood county??? :o I thought you were from Katmandu. I feel so decieved.

Trout Maharishi

Hemphill Bald area, over by the Cataloochee divide,
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

HuckA1A

Wow!  Not too smart, man.  Although it does make for good reading. 

Phil

" I try to ignore you since for the most part you are only trying to be insulting."

That's rich coming from you, TM. In the years I've been here, you have been consistently insulting, denigrating, and condescending to me. You wonder why I'm not a "fan?"

I'm done with this. I went to fish a stream that runs alongside a public gravel road. I thought the stream was public. It was not posted. Several other streams in the Globe ARE posted. I knew that the Ritch clan owns lots of the land in the Globe, but not exactly where any boundaries are. There were no houses or barns anywhere close. I carried because the Globe is notoriously dangerous with bad mountain men.
If you still want to bust my *ss, go for it.  -0-

HuckA1A

I thought from reading your first post that you knowingly went on private land.

"I knew where it was, however -- on land owned by the notorious Ritch clan. Mean-ass mountain men, they are. Serious dudes."

Anyway, at least you didn't get shot.  -0-

22midge

Hey TM you can toot your horn all you want. Very few people can question your fishing or tying abilities unless they want to learn something.They always told me to be the best you got to learn from the best.

Now Phil I will be the first to say I agree that you stand for what you believe no matter what others think but hey man this time you went looking for trouble and what you expected to happen did.We all make mistakes so move on and learn from it.
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Phil

OK. Agreed, PeeWee.

I am, however, more than ready for TM to get off my fucking ass all the time here. It's getting really annoying after all these years. I'm tired of being denigrated, condescended upon, and insulted all the time.

Hear that, Oh, Holy One? I know everyone here thinks that you are a God, but I think you are a pro shit-stirrer.  You whine yesterday in a big "personal best"  post after you insult me repeatedly on repeated threads for years? You want an apology? Sorry. You ain't getting it.

I'll quit dissing your Davidson trips if you'll quit dissing everything I post.  If not, you can bite my crusty old ass, and we'll keep having words. I've only been fly fishing since the early 1970's, and have been most of the places you bragged about.

Send me a PM if you want to discuss this further. Otherwise, I'm done with you.  How's that, Dude?  -0-

Trout Maharishi

I didn't ask for an apology, nor do I care what you do or post, You have shown your ass all over the world wide web for years, nothing I say is going to change that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dude p;- You do however have a deal on withholding my comments on your post, I really should just keep my comments to myself. I've tried to empathize with you and see things from your point of view, but i just can't seem to get my head that far up my ass............dude ;D  Peace out...........dude d:b

P.S.- I don't think anyone on here thinks I'm a "God". I know this may come as a surprise, but have you ever stopped to consider the fact that they may just be my friends? I think it's just our on line personalities, oil and water type thing. I think we might actually get along in person. Later..........dide y;
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

5xTippett

Phil, you have insulted far more people on this board than TM ever dreamed of insulting, intentionally or not.  Perhaps his sense of humor is different from yours. In person he is one of the nicest people you will ever meet.  You can take my word for it, he can fish with anybody anywhere, and he can tie flies pretty much better than anybody anywhere.  Calm down Phil and be thankful for what you have.  You live a heck of a lot closer to good fishing than the rest of us.

appalachia bound

Haha
Wookies, dancing banannas, and pissing monkeys! Yall are priceless. I have no doubt that you guys are great anglers, each in your own right. Sounds like you guys need to drink a beer or two together...maybe no more than that though. I bring a .38 with me every now and then too when I'm trout fishin but shootin fish in the water ain't as easy as it looks. That .38 wont intimidate any bears and from my experience, thems mountain folk are a hell of a lot better shot than I am. I appologize if I'm imposing with my opinions but I couldnt resist. Too f'n funny.  0:0

Gofisher

Have you ever stopped to consider why people give you shit Phil? Maybe you just act like a giant toilet. Maybe you're a prick. Maybe it's just fun watching you get your panties in a wad. I think posting a pic of your pop gun is enough reason to bust your chops a little. You bragging that your belt will hold a pistol? Are you saying that you're a bad man and shouldn't be fucked with? Arer you saying you have a small penis?
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.