As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Come out and Support Your BOY

Started by snagaluffaguss, June 08, 2011, 09:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snagaluffaguss

http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/401893/880d1c3122/1808500541/3d29af2643/

http://www.ccartscouncil.org/

I havent spoken with BRA yet about this but I am sure he is involved.  Check out the dates and make the time to come out and support local artists.  Will be happening at the Cleveland County Arts Council in Shelby, NC.  There is also some decent small mouth fishing near by if that sweetens the pot any at all.

diaz dassie

Cleveland County? :-* Lawd have mercy. I bet this bloke is gonna be the guest speaker...

Snag, y'all scare me :o

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Transylwader on June 08, 2011, 15:51:00 PM
Cleveland County? :-* Lawd have mercy. I bet this bloke is gonna be the guest speaker...

Snag, y'all scare me :o
ain't that the guy that run off Phil???
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

diaz dassie

blue ridge angler

I actually didn't have time to produce anything for the show but all the people putting it on are good friends of mine..
I'm sure it will be a good ol' time..

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

blue ridge angler

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 09, 2011, 07:50:23 AM
will there be beer?

I'm sure BYO if nothing else, but At most of the openings that I have had a part in there has been complimentary beer and wine..

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 09, 2011, 07:50:23 AM
will there be beer?

Every function that I have been to at the CCAC has had a couple of kegs and bottles of wine...

open BAR Dude...

If you really want to see something entertaining show up at Treasures of The Earth Pottery Show in the spring (that I arrive at early  as my wife is one of the featured potters) and watch me get in to the beer early before everyone else gets there and then engage in group conversations and hob-nob with the lawyers, judges, and a Senator or two thrown in for good measure. 

Its an interesting dynamic.

blue ridge angler

On a side note..My brother is also an artist, and he will have some work in the show..His stuff is very unique and extremely cool..Mostly abstracts..
The people who I know that are showing work are all world class artists..some professional, and others not..There should be some amazing work on display..Do yourself a favor and go check it out if you can..

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: blue ridge angler on June 09, 2011, 10:17:40 AM
On a side note..My brother is also an artist, and he will have some work in the show..His stuff is very unique and extremely cool..Mostly abstracts..
The people who I know that are showing work are all world class artists..some professional, and others not..There should be some amazing work on display..Do yourself a favor and go check it out if you can..

Lets go on the same day

blue ridge angler

Quote from: snagaluffaguss on June 09, 2011, 10:20:39 AM
Quote from: blue ridge angler on June 09, 2011, 10:17:40 AM

Lets go on the same day

I will probably go for the opening..

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

kylemc

Get Bent

Konichiwa Bitches!