Big Horse creek wild trout area Ashe County, NC

Started by GROUSEBUGGER, June 03, 2011, 21:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GROUSEBUGGER

I have fished the wild trout section of Big horse creek recently, but am not finding trout.  I have gone down from the Virginia state line and up from the Ripshin road bridge.  The only fish have been fingerling rainbows, and very few of those. Am I missing something ?? Are ther any biologist studies similar to the ones done by the Virginia or Tennesse game depts??

Get Bent

Rule number 1.) Tell us who you are by posting an intro

2.) Don't talk about wild water publicly unless you want everyone else to fish it

3.) There are fish there

Konichiwa Bitches!

diaz dassie

Grousebugger, Get Bent is LYING! There aren't any fish in there. Your best option? The Davidson. It's full of wild fish...

lostnwilderness

The Davidson is AWESOME!  North Mills River is the shit too!!! :P
"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

Phil

Yes. You are getting really good info here. Ask the legendary Mighty Trout Maharishi about the Davidson. He'll give you places to camp and  the secret spots around the hatchery area....
:laugh:

FoulHook

Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish...

Good to see you're finally realizing the truth.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

troutboy_II

Whoever said this is not an open and welcoming bunch!  God, it makes me tear up a bit.  ???

Hang in there Grosbeak, er bug, er whatever.  Or not, we really don't give a shit!   ;D

TB

When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.