because they are there.... like clockwork ... sulphurs on the Smith again...

Started by Woolly Bugger, June 05, 2011, 22:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

family disfunction this afternoon, split as soon as I was able, my back has been giving me some problems since that soccer game.

drove on down the road to catch the sulphurs coming off again.

I was a bit cooler today, nothing going on at the river, no bugs, or risers, or birds, for the first hour or so.

but the just like clockwork the fish turned on the the bugs popped off the water.

Thuder could be heard off in the distance and the storm began to block out the sunlight.

getting dark

darker
fished until I couln't see the fly, it began to rain, another angler, Johnny from Fieldale waded up from downstream and we hiked out watching the lightning strikes in the near distance. three hours driving 2 hours of fishing, caught enough to make it worthwhile -- let's do it again!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Some people have to work....others are fortunate.....

BTW.........YOU SUCK!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

benben reincarnated

Nice stuff.  You definitely have that place dialed in for sure.

5xTippett

I fished Saturday and I am in the middle of somewhat of a slump.  I am going to have to change strategies.  I did see a bunch of sulphers everywhere but where I was expecting them.  Good job, Woolly.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: benben on June 06, 2011, 18:37:59 PM
Nice stuff.  You definitely have that place dialed in for sure.

not so sure about dialed in. they are maddening, sip.... sip .... sipping naturals, it's hard to get a fly into natural flow as there are too many bugs in the feeding lanes, on the other hand a cast above a riser may result in an instantaneous hit at the moment the fly lights upon the water.. not to mention that you are fighting against the fading light.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!