High fashion or bait? Fly ties now hair extensions

Started by walt, June 04, 2011, 06:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walt

High fashion or bait? Fly ties now hair extensions: By JESSIE L. BONNER, Associated Press

BOISE, Idaho – Fly shop manager Jim Bernstein was warned that hair stylists would come banging on his door, but he didn't listen.

Sure enough, less than 24 hours later, a woman walked into the Eldredge Bros. Fly Shop in Maine and made a beeline toward a display of hackles — the long, skinny rooster feathers fishermen use to make lures.

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/beauty/high-fashion-or-bait-fly-ties-now-hair-extensions-2492725/

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

It's unreal the phone calls and e-mails we've been getting..... guess it wouldn't be so bad if these feather seekers would visit the shop.....  -0-

"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

benben reincarnated

Add hide your hackle to the list:

Funny story, I was in a local fly shop about a month and a half ago, and the manager walks up to me somberly, puts his hand on my shoulder and says, "Ben, the women have gotten into the hackle now, we can't keep it on the shelves."  The way he said it was priceless.  You should see how much places like etsy are up-charging for the stuff too because they know the women will buy it.

Phil

Last night when I was playing piano and guitar, I took a break and went to the bar to get a drink. Three young ladies were sporting tans, hot legs, short dresses, and long strands of nice grizzly hackle in their hair.  It seems to be a new fashion craze.  Go figure....

lostnwilderness

"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

Gofisher

My eldest daughter got it done. I told her I'd clip one while she sleeps. She now sleeps with her door locked!
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.