News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Wild trout???

Started by jbarnes19, May 25, 2011, 18:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbarnes19

I live around Swansboro, NC so I am a salt guy.  I'm headed up around Bryson City/Cherokee over the long weekend and was wanting to hit some streams that have wild trout.  I'm def. not looking for anyones bluelines but was just wondering if anyone could point me to some streams, well known for all I care, that hold decent populations of wild trout.  I was originally planning on hitting Cataloochee (sp.?) but turns out it's about 45 miles from the cabin I'm staying at.  I hate that this is my first post but I'll only have about 1/2 a day or two to fish and am desperate.  I'd be more than happy to return the favor with some skinny water redfish spots down around swansboro/Emerald Isle area.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

lostnwilderness

Tuck and Cherokee would be my advise unless you have some previous mountain trout experience...
"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

jbarnes19

I do have previous mtn. trout experience; just not in N.C.  I'm grew up in WV and have fished wild trout there then graduated college and have been living at the coast for about 5 years now. 

lostnwilderness

ahhh.... that makes a difference  :)
"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

diaz dassie

Barnsey, I'll send you some primo blueline info in exchange for some drummage spots. I am amped on gettin back on the salt this year, and since there is supposed to be a busy Atlantic basin, I plan to bust out the wax comb and get slotted off my nut on some OBX slabs. Hello hurricane season d:b

ScoutHikerDad

Quote from: Transylwader on May 25, 2011, 22:22:16 PM
I plan to bust out the wax comb and get slotted off my nut on some OBX slabs.

Is that even legal in NC? Mike-I enjoy your Limey slang even when I have no idea what you're talking about.

diaz dassie

Quote from: ScoutHikerDad on May 26, 2011, 16:32:09 PM
Quote from: Transylwader on May 25, 2011, 22:22:16 PM
I plan to bust out the wax comb and get slotted off my nut on some OBX slabs.

Is that even legal in NC? Mike-I enjoy your Limey slang even when I have no idea what you're talking about.
SHD, it's "surfrikan". If Phil wants in, he could be the next Kelly Slater!

overbrook

Bradleys fork and Ravens fork are no big secret...and have wild fish....anyone around town can point ya in the right direction.