Short notice, but is anyone up for a backpacking trip starting Monday 5/30

Started by possessed, May 24, 2011, 17:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possessed

I'm planning a backpacking trip in GSMNP starting Monday 5/30, likely to stay 2-3 nights.  Either Deep Creek or Cataloochee area.

Anyone up for it?  I have done a few solo backpacking trips would really prefer to not solo.  It gets creepy out there at night all alone.   :o

If I can't find a partner, I may go alone or just car camp at Smokemont and fish that area.

You would need to have your own gear and I ain't sharing a tent with anyone. 

I also cuss a lot and smoke a lot of cigarettes.

diaz dassie

unless its the evil gorge section of Ravensfork, you aint catchin nuthin >:D

lostnwilderness

Tranny,

You ever fished the "gorge" section you refer to?  I have some friends that Kayak that every time it rains enough.  I want to hike/fish that sometime but did not ever figure I could find anyone dumb enough to go with me....

Possessed,
good luck both those are gonna be PACKED next weekend, go Jamaican style and get really HIGH.
"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

flyman

Yea, I'm redneck, so what!

diaz dassie

Quote from: lostnwilderness on May 24, 2011, 20:33:37 PM
Tranny,

You ever fished the "gorge" section you refer to?  I have some friends that Kayak that every time it rains enough.  I want to hike/fish that sometime but did not ever figure I could find anyone dumb enough to go with me....
Been up in there, a very imposing place it is. I went a few hundred yards before I figured I would be in the obituary section of Swain County newspapers so bailed. One of these days...

possessed

Quote from: flyman on May 25, 2011, 08:38:11 AM
This ain't one of them Brokeback Mt type proposals is it?

No, that's why I specified I ain't sharing a tent with anyone.  I figured that would clarify the situation.   :D

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

possessed

Quote from: troutfanatic on May 28, 2011, 15:36:23 PM
I was supposed to be out there this week and would have been more than glad to let you share our campsite. You would have given me an excuse to dump the wife and kids to drown some feathers but we were screwed on planning and funds. I am holding off until July. 

sorry

Maybe we can get together another time.  I'll be going again in July.