late birthday present and some new water

Started by benben, May 22, 2011, 19:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

For my birthday my girlfriend got me a plane ride around the Asheville area today.  I've always been into airplanes, but never committed to flight lessons...so this may be the beginning of a foray into a new adventure.  I had an awesome time and got to see some cool stuff from the air.

Peter and I then hit 2 new to the both of us streams.  First was a complete bust, stream looked great, lots of bug life, but a goose egg for the both of us.  Hit the other stream and did pretty decent, about half a dozen fish between the two of us in the short fish-able section we hit.  At some point the fish just seemed to disappear despite the stream conditions visibly looking good, both of us were baffled.  At least we got 2 new streams marked off our list.  My pics of the fish kinda sucked today.    b';

downtown Asheville looking south:
[attach=1]

Biltmore Estate:
[attach=2]

looking downstream:
[attach=3]

small pool:
[attach=4]

Peter in action:
[attach=5]

fruits of our labor:
[attach=6]

[attach=7]

peter p

It was a good quick trip to an area I had been wanting to check out.   Now, I am just waiting for the poison ivy to kick in!
Peter

benben reincarnated

Quote from: peter p on May 22, 2011, 20:16:47 PM
It was a good quick trip to an area I had been wanting to check out.   Now, I am just waiting for the poison ivy to kick in!

yep, fun times.

seems I got bit on the arm by something, slight swellage...gotta keep an eye on it.

lostnwilderness

Looks like you guys had a good time, give me another couple of weeks and I should be freed up to get out there with ya!

Tight Lines Amigo!
"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

possessed

Cool, man.  I likes the look of that stream.  As for flying, I love to fly.

I have always said if I win the lottery or something, I will learn to fly and own a helicopter and a plane.  I'd love to own and fly an old WWII era Mustang. 

Woolly Bugger

good stuff, nothing like sitting in the front seat on the plane!!!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

FoulHook

I once got to steer a small plane for a few minutes while we were high in the sky. One of the most enjoyable things I've ever done.

Quote from: peter p on May 22, 2011, 20:16:47 PM
Now, I am just waiting for the poison ivy to kick in!

You gotta develop an immunity to the stuff. I could roll around in it and not feel a thing the next day.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

benben reincarnated

FH, I got to taxi the plane, throttle it up for take off and initiate the roll as we lifted off.  I also got to do a few turns when we were up.  Taxing by far was the most difficult thing since you are having to steer with your feet which goes against all natural intuition.

Luckily no breakouts from me yet, and I think Peter is still hanging in there too.  I must have some immunity because I used to go balls out all into the woods as a kid down south and I know that stuff is everywhere down there and never had a problem.