News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Fishing New Water TR

Started by possessed, May 21, 2011, 17:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

possessed

I headed off to fish some new water today, new to me, that is.  I have fished the lower end of this stream but today was my first time fishing the headwaters.  I was pleased, I shall return.

The day started off pretty good, I caught a decent 9 inch brown on my second cast, he refused to have his picture taken.  A few casts later, I caught a rainbow.  The next few hours were pretty strong, the fish were very eager.  All but one fish was caught on the green weenie, I did catch one on the dry.

I was catching rainbows and browns, more rainbows but still catching a fair share of browns.  As I fished on up, I knew I should be getting into some brooks soon.  Soon enough, they showed up.  No matter how high I climbed, rainbows were still the predominant species I caught.  I was a bit surprised at how high of elevation I was still catching browns.

I got to the point where I had to exit the stream or fish on through a gorge with no exit point until you reach the end.  I was getting tired and hungry, so I decided to head back to the truck for some lunch. 

Peanut butter/jelly/bacon sammich, very tasty. 

After a short break, I headed down to lower end to try my luck.  Within 10 minutes, I had five small rainbows and 3 others I hooked and lost.  I thought I was going to really catch some large numbers.  I fished on for another 45 minutes with nothing, not even a strike.  I decided to call it a day and head home.

I think I will soon revisit the headwaters of this stream when I can spend all day there.  There are a few feeders I also want to explore.

Big J

A peanut butter and jelly bacon sandwich?  :-\  Have always thought bacon would be good on anything, until I head this combination....May have to give it a try sometime.  Nice bows too.  A couple had some size on them!

possessed

Quote from: Big J on May 21, 2011, 18:29:20 PM
A peanut butter and jelly bacon sandwich?  :-\  Have always thought bacon would be good on anything, until I head this combination....May have to give it a try sometime.  Nice bows too.  A couple had some size on them!

The smokey/sweet/salty flavors all compliment each other very well.  It really is very good.   The bacon must be very crisp, very crisp, that is the key.

mecnc

A P&B&B&J, now why didn't I think of that.  b';

benben reincarnated

good lookin sammich.

great stuff to hit some new water, I've been loving it lately as well.

lostnwilderness

Good looking fish!  As far as the smmich goes, I'll try anything once...
"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

diaz dassie

Man youre killin me! Cockroaches and all! BTW, that smmich sounds gross man :o
Good shit my man 8)