Tilley hats and a River runs through it....

Started by lostnwilderness, May 15, 2011, 21:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwgnc

Good point Al.

I need to fish more where the sun don't shine.  You guys fishing the backwoods have got it right.  Don't need sunscreen, you get a cardio work-out with a purpose, no poison ivy, very few assholes (except your own).

By the way - the guy who stocks the Mitchell wears a Tilley now.  I'm gonna have to stop tipping him so much.  But then the bastard will probably stopp calling me when he leaves the hatchery.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Leedawg

Been a firm believer in the straw hat for some years now. I like wearing a shade tree on my head. Highly recommended

Shane

flatlander

Quote from: Shane on May 23, 2011, 08:04:13 AM
I want a pith helmet.

S

Looks like you're in luck...only $79.95 at the Fly Shop:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

5xTippett

When you aren't fishing, you can wear it on safari! -0-

lostnwilderness

got to talk brittish wearing that thing, or worse yet - south african :o
"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

Gofisher

Another reason I don't visit here much, I like my Tilley... :;!
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

diaz dassie

Quote from: lostnwilderness on May 23, 2011, 18:14:41 PM
got to talk brittish wearing that thing, or worse yet - south african :o
better South African than Canuck...
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

lostnwilderness

I hear you Al.  I wore a straw hat for years guiding and working.  This spring it finally went to be with God so I replaced it with a tilley and yes tranny it is hemp so if I run out I can smoke it in a pinch! :-X  After making some minor modifications, it fits and wears well.  I am a big believer in hats, skin cancer seems a punk ass way to go out...  I am holding out hope for something better

Gofisher, nothing wrong with wearing a hat you like.  I like mine and wear it farming and fishing.  Don't think anyone is saying "those people" (me included) are better or worse than anyone else.  What ever works for you, go for it.  The thread started as an interesting redneck conversation over a few beers in a parking lot after catching fish while watching a group get dressed and not ever get wet, little lone catch fish.
"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."